• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Philly-Carlisle Caravan Thread 2013-Year of Swedes!!

Absolutely dude. Just keep me informed. My sister and my baby nephew will be around by then.
Cool. At this point Chris and I will take the ferry and teach that boy some mumblety-peg.

Special lady friend, you say? :oogle: Gearhead daughter, you say? :oogle:
yep. then again, I usually fly solo or with my son to Carlisle.

get a carfull of peeps in chris' wagon? volvo wagons are even funner when they're full of people. by 'usual ride' you mean the truck?
Usual ride is the WRX, unless we are talking Peterpalooza.

Gearhead daughter??? You can't stay here if you don't bring her AND bacon. Also, pics or ban. :-P
She's quite the looker, but no pics. I'll bring the bacon.

I'm so unbelievably stoked for this. I wanted to get window chalk for last year, but never got around to it, with the alternator destruction and all. Maybe this year. I'm determined to make every year exponentially more awesome than the last.

I promise that if I have to drive the Porsche, I'll write "I wish I were a Volvo" on it. :lol:

I'm in. I'll bring a proper CB this year. Want to do an autox before carlisle at some point, maybe at Baeder Field some weekend.

And who votes for taking the muffler off and fitting a straight pipe for the weekend? It may not be *that* fast, but it sure sounds awesome. Plus I'd like to cover up all the crappy noises my transmission makes.

Do eeeeeeeet! At least we won't have to listen to your squealing again...Although I'm not sure how much I want your exhaust sound better, since you spent the entire convoy last time accelerating towards me and backing off the throttle repeatedly just so you could hear your own car. :-P :lol:

we won't have to listen to your squealing again...

It's amazing what happens when you install shims. An idea lost on the previous owner, I guess.

you spent the entire convoy last time accelerating towards me and backing off the throttle repeatedly just so you could hear your own car.

Pulse and glide. I'm hypermiling.

Dan is kinda hesitant about doing the whole caravan thing. Every time we do it, something nearly goes terribly wrong for us. I think he and I will bring Cobra walkie talkies. Also, we have a **** ton of stuff we wanna set up. So it might just be better to be situated and ready for you bork bork mofos. That way after you work up a thirst or appetite from setting up camp and gear, there is a GP meal waiting for you.

If anyone needs a Volvo for the caravan, this one runs. Just buy it and pick it up before ghe caravan. My cheap ass got outbid...

92506FDC-D4F2-4BD6-9D17-669BC9B81EF6-879-000000FC19ACCEC4.jpg

Volvo : 940 Base Wagon 4-Door: http://bit.ly/Zjnleo

So my dad is going to count up how many CB's he has to lend out. Looks like I'm getting an upgrade so that one of you n00bs can borrow the cheap one in my car right now. :-P Mike, I told him that you can also be trusted with one of the more expensive units since you're use to being responsible with expensive equipment and you're pretty local. He's got a couple that were $400-$500 back in the day, so other than for me, I don't think he's willing to lend out any expensive units to cars that might head back to Canada without hitting up his house first. :lol:

Pretty sure there's a farm animal noise box and a PA somewhere in the pile. So wiring those up. :-D

Cool. At this point Chris and I will take the ferry and teach that boy some mumblety-peg.

Tentatively add Bridget to this mess. Tentatively 245. Definitely tentatively.

We decided to forego wee-girl-bringin' for this year. We'll fling her at some cars next year when she's able to draw a wiring diagram from memory.

Can I come in my miata and hang with you guys till you go to Carlisle? Sold all my 240's but want to stay in the community

Last edited:
Miatas are welcome.
So my dad is going to count up how many CB's he has to lend out. Looks like I'm getting an upgrade so that one of you n00bs can borrow the cheap one in my car right now. :-P Mike, I told him that you can also be trusted with one of the more expensive units since you're use to being responsible with expensive equipment and you're pretty local. He's got a couple that were $400-$500 back in the day, so other than for me, I don't think he's willing to lend out any expensive units to cars that might head back to Canada without hitting up his house first. :lol:

Pretty sure there's a farm animal noise box and a PA somewhere in the pile. So wiring those up. :-D
No worries, I actually don't need a loaner, but was getting all nostalgic and considered buying a retro one. I have 2-ways.

Tentatively add Bridget to this mess. Tentatively 245. Definitely tentatively.

We decided to forego wee-girl-bringin' for this year. We'll fling her at some cars next year when she's able to draw a wiring diagram from memory.

Did you get Brian's email about chincoteague? Looks like I will still do the caravan, but come back sat. night.

Back