• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Philly-Carlisle Caravan Thread 2013-Year of Swedes!!

I don't really want to drive, so who can I ride with? I live in NW Philly, a stones throw from 76.

Also, OP. can you list what day in the og post.

Is everyone meeting at the Perkins again this year?

As far as I know, yes. Haven't confirmed that but I don't see why anyone wouldn't this year.

I don't really want to drive, so who can I ride with? I live in NW Philly, a stones throw from 76.

Also, OP. can you list what day in the og post.

Done! Maybe one of the Philly crew (Josh, Leah, Mike, Tim, Jen, Jay etc.) can pick you up and bring you to Ikea. You can grab a seat with whoever you want before we leave Ikea. I'll call you out for lameness for not bringing your own car though. Lol.

Just don't feel like driving a V70R not worthy of a car show. If I caravaned with the Midwest crew from Mke, then I'd take the 242, which is a show car. In this instance I just want to meet people, take photos, and not drive alone.

Just don't feel like driving a V70R not worthy of a car show. If I caravaned with the Midwest crew from Mke, then I'd take the 242, which is a show car. In this instance I just want to meet people, take photos, and not drive alone.

sounds like you should be flying back here and driving the 242 then. :-P

I should have an empty seat in my car. Lots of people should, actually. Make it to the South Philly Ikea and pick the car in which you want to ride. Lol. My Kaplhenke coilover suspension, M90 5 speed and potentially 3" exhaust with dump equipped 965, or Tim's 5.0L, 5 speed 745, or Josh's badass 855 T5 with a "shift kit", Tornetta's insanely ridiculous 245 autocross machine or Leah's monster truck 245.

Will Johnny Tran or Dominic Toretto be there? I can make it to South Philly real easy.

Will Johnny Tran or Dominic Toretto be there? I can make it to South Philly real easy.

I'd offer a ride from NW no prob, but I just found out my manager scheduled me for training April 22-May 24.

This means I might not be able to take off work Friday.
Which means I might not be able to leave for Carlisle until 4:30 pm.
And that means I'd miss the caravan, unless I can get them to give me a day off (50-50).

Also, I could call in sick, but that may not go over very well if they just denied a vacation request for that day.

Worst case, Natalie and I will be there by about 7pm. Someone save us a tent spot.

If you can't make the caravan, Tim, we'll save you a good tent spot with all our cool wagons! Who else is getting really stoked for this?? I'm pumped! I have so much to do to my car! Haha.

We might have two cars with one person in each, so always an open seat here. I love copilots, too. Somebody has to hold my drink. :lol:

Hi folks,

My name's Matt and I'm looking to get to know the Volvo community here in the area. I'm starting an internship in Maryland on the 20th of May, is there any way I could join you guys in this caravan? I drive a Volkswagen, but I could cover up the badges if it means I get to meet you all!

We already have a few non-Volvos in the caravan this year. At least one Mazda and one BMW. And at least one wrong wheel drive car too, so you won't be out of place in the least! I promise I won't even hand you a roll of painters tape to cover up your badges. Hahaha. I'll add you to the list! Maybe get in contact with Steve (240dlSteve) since he's from Rockville, Mary-Land. Maybe you guys can caravan from the D.C. area to Philly on Friday morning to meet up with the rest of us at Ikea.

Back