• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

AndrewNance

Amateur hour!
Click here to see current Duratec 2.5 swap things!

Click here for former B230 swap things.

So I never do this sort of thing. Mostly because I never take pictures of **** and I hardly work on anything. I'm completely ready to get this car done now that I don't have any other projects. I've had it for two years now, done quite a bit of work, and I still have a lot to do.

Here's the work I've done so far:

- New ignition setup. No more armored coil. Electronic ignition.
- Steering/suspension rebuilt with full poly bushings
- Alternator
- B18 head refreshed, got the motor up to spunk. Some new seals, water pump, refreshed dizzy,
- SUs rebuilt completely
- Probably more stuff I forgot about

Here's where I'm going with it:

- B20 -.015 over, ported F head shaved to 10.5:1 compression, Schneider 274 cam, 2.5" stainless mandrel-bent exhaust, Stahl header, SUs
- M41 w/ short shifter
- Brake system rebuild
- FatMat
- New carpet
- Lower it (maybe bags in the future)
- Wheels
- Nice stereo

So basically I want it to be a killer car with a period-correct motor that still ****s and gets. After that, I just want to drive it. No +t, no megasquirt, or any of that stuff. Just a nice car that I like. Hopefully some other people will too. You shouldn't expect this thread to move very fast but you should expect lots of low res cell phone pictures and dissapointment.

Feel free to ask questions or leave any constructive comments.

-Andrew

Last edited:
So basically I need to update this with all of the pictures and **** that I have or have had for a long time.

9VRdl.jpg

SryO1.jpg

Hopefully these don't take their sweet ass time getting onto the car.

Last edited:
I sense epic amounts of awesome!

But I'm accustomed to disappointment.

J/K That car is dope on a rope. Especially since it's mostly original.

Cool man! Looks good and I love the color.

I've always been up in the air about it but its grown on me a lot. The paint isn't original so I wouldn't mind going a different direction with it. I think I'll always leave the interior green.

It won't be half as badass as yours but I wanted to maintain some vintage appeal, or something like that. I really just want a period correct motor that's going to rape my mechanic-friend's '69 MGB GT. Plus extreme custom fabrication isn't really my calling :-P

Last edited:
My mild build B20 in my 142 is faster than my bosses supercharged MGB GT , I could hit its rear bumper at will and my coworker was driving and running the **** out of it. So you should have. I problem beating him.unless he has a realy trick motor in it.
Eric

God damnit I love that beast. The green on green is beautiful.

....And uhhhhh what year is that cabrio?

So I worked out the camber issue. This is what I had with NO shims in the upper A-arm:

CSyGE.jpg

IRyw0.jpg

And it appears this is why:

ouSlQ.jpg

The black one is the one that came out so I could replace it with the older looking one. You can see the contour in it compared to the other one. Now I'm back to having positive camber, which is good because it can be shimmed to line up.

So I guess there's my -3* camber. Now that I know it's going to line up once I put the shims back in, I can get the control arms off to have the shock mounts flipped. While that's happening I need to put a new crankshaft felt seal in and put on the new springs. Finally making some progress.

Last edited:
Got my sprangz last week.

:rofl:
ys52O.jpg

The red and black ones are what I was planning to use before I got a full set of the blue ones. The black ones are TMEs that Ipd used to sell and the reds are some unknown progressives that I got for a decent price. The blue ones are stiff as ****. They cannot be compressed by conventional methods, like, my hands. This is about to be awesome.

Back