• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 75 242 DL

Thank you guys. Means a lot. Most of the cars on here are my inspiration.

That looks amazing. I had no idea you put so much work into this car. I'm glad you finally got it all sorted out.
And what's this about a supercharger? You never said anything about it.

lol, I didn't want to say anything about it till I figured out what I was doing.
But it is fun to throw in a teaser image here and there.

Oh. My. Lord.
Truly impressive, I'm gonna post some of these pics in the inspiration thread, you've more than earned it.
What made you want to stick with the b20?

The car was suppose to be a quick put together and drive it as it was, we had parts ordered to fix the B20, so that is why it stayed.
It took a month of trouble shooting to figure out why it would not start. We were tempted to rip it out and stick a V8 to match the transmission in the car now.

I like the idea of the original engine in it also... Plus, not many people have a 75 242 with an Eaton supercharged B20 ;)
I haven't seen one yet...

really good job there.
what did you do to the undercarriage .... or I should say... how did you do it ?

The underside of the car was in pretty good shape for the most part. There was mostly surface rust. I used a wire brush on some parts, but most was taken care of by that rust removal/primer chemical (jasco). seemed to work okay. I believe it was SEM brand Rubberized undercoating.

Edit:
I used goof off, and acetone to the underside after the clean up so the undercoating had a better stick. Then I did a very light coat of summit racing black spray paint over the undercoating.

The axle was a more wire brushing. a lot more rust on that part.

Last edited:
Oh finally! :-D

I liked this car from the beginning, even from the progress pictures of the 244 turbo you could tell this 242 is in good hands.
Although I was a bit curious about the titan rimpz on it at first. Fortunately you did not disappoint me!
Tasty, classic looking with a perfect ride height and a pushrod engine. :cool:
Hats off for you and your father, really nice work!

I hope this one won't get messed up by some idiot driver...

Awesome work! Really really nice. I particular like the balance between improving/custom parts, only where needed, and a nice factory look. Not billet because billet, no polished stuff. Functional.

Really looking forward to the SC conversion!

What EMS are you using?

Wow, great build! Looking forward to that blower.
I really like the color, too bad it was a one year only for the 240s

AWESOME car!!Like it alot, very cool that you kept the B20 engine in it:)
Love the wheels also, dimensions and producer?

Only thing I dont like is the matt black engine bay, a nice, repainted blue on would look so much better.

Thanks. I added a third LED brake light w/ an adjustable flasher to hopefully let people (new drivers) know when they need to stop exiting the freeway.

You can see the thin LED light on the rear window.

Awesome work! Really really nice. I particular like the balance between improving/custom parts, only where needed, and a nice factory look. Not billet because billet, no polished stuff. Functional.

Really looking forward to the SC conversion!

What EMS are you using?

The car will keep the factory ignition (I may mess with the stock distributor internal settings). I am staying with K-jet (not much needs to change to support 5-7psi). No Computers.

AWESOME car!!Like it a lot, very cool that you kept the B20 engine in it
Love the wheels also, dimensions and producer?

Only thing I don't like is the matt black engine bay, a nice, repainted blue on would look so much better.

Rims are HRE 525 17"x8" w/ Conti DW 245/40 17

The engine paint was summits black body paint. I don't care for it either, but we did it as a way to quickly make the bay more presentable. I have never painted before, nor do I have the place to paint. The car has some rust areas still, further down the road if I decide to fully restore it, then the whole car will get repaired and painted same factory 108 blue.

A few more Images:

Learning to tig weld on this car. I have a lot more learning to do.

The new lower mounts (seen above) are a result of the lower ride height. The u-joint angles where ridiculous when the engine was 1.5" higher.

It was little things like this that took forever, plus, we only had weekend to do the work.

The hood release would not fit in the firewall hole. Hole was too larger.

The wiring harness was in okay shape inside, just messy,

The engine wiring harness was a mess. Wires cut. relays removed.

My dad "rebuilt" the engine harnesses.

Throttle cable had no adjustment with stock piece.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Car is killer, and there's a ton of quality work that's gone into it.

One question though...why keep the B20? Just want to keep the original motor, or something else?

Thank you guys.

Car is killer, and there's a ton of quality work that's gone into it.

One question though...why keep the B20? Just want to keep the original motor, or something else?

"Copied from earlier"

The car was suppose to be a quick put together and drive it as it was, we had parts ordered to fix the B20, so that is why it stayed.
It took a month of trouble shooting to figure out why it would not start. We were tempted to rip it out and stick a V8 to match the transmission in the car now.

I like the idea of the original engine in it also... Plus, not many people have a 75 242 with an Eaton supercharged B20 ;)
I haven't seen one yet...

is that a m41 bell housing ? what t5 adapter did you use

8-bolt crank B20

M46 bell housing. M46 flat flywheel (the pins on the back have to be hammered in to clear the block), yoshifab clutch and pressure plate. The BH adapter is also from yoshifab (DeeWorks).

Last edited:
Good stuff! Keep it coming! Its nice to see another blown B20!

I had one of these 75 242's and I kick myself all the time for getting rid of it...

Back