• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My '78 242 L33 turbo build

Mounted the radiator today, I used rubber washers in a weak attempt to soak up some vibrations. But overall I gained about 2" of clearance so I'm happy with that.

The mounting plate for the surge tank is almost done, just needs paint or powder coating. I might have had a bit too much fun with the dimple die but whatever, I'm happy with that result also.

1VUfB7Kl.jpg

C99v4Yal.jpg

TJJbJgGl.jpg

Ready to drill

yiDIjXzl.jpg

Finished, ready to prep for paint

VC1Hhcul.jpg

I finished the surge tank mount and installed it. I hope 8 AN 90 degree fittings clear the hood...

Reinstalled the coolant lines and intake to see if moving the radiator helped much. It helped a lot! I still need to finish a clamp to keep the upper radiator hose away from the crank pulley, ran out of daylight today. Pretty sure no one has said that before. A bit of frozen rain didn't help much either.

e8pmwatl.jpg

qlzyMDRl.jpg

Thanks! Ya I do love popping the hood, it is a mixed bag of being happy with what I have done and anxiety over what has to be done still. And how to pay for the parts. The true definition of being nickel and dimed to death lol. But I did get a great score from my neighbor last night, big bag of Fragola AN fittings and hose for $50. Mostly 6AN stuff but I do need a bunch of that.

Nice, I love when things seem to fall together like that. All my neighbors are either retired and watch their grass grow or obsessed with golfing...only gear head around here. Another reminder I need to move.

I got the fuel filters and multipump fuel pressure regulator mounted today. I'm running out of room for stuff quickly haha. The filters will both have 30 degree fittings (like the fitting on the left filter) to route the fuel lines under the strut tower cover, where the headlight wires go. A return line from the surge tank will also go through there. All those lines are 6 AN. It will be 8 AN to the fuel rail, and the return line from the regulator and surge tank will merge into an 8 AN return line.

Yes the hood closes fine with the regulator mounted there.

Anyone have any extra 8 AN stuff they want to sell or trade for? I need a bunch of 90 degrees fittings, a straight, and hose.

86kJFB0l.jpg

Not a great pic, was in a hurry.

WUwlqJsl.jpg

Last edited:
Lovin' it! I also toyed with the idea of an electric water pump. Decided against it for the same reasons as electric oil pump for turbos... lack of flow and an unnecessary draw. I have thought of using a smaller electric circulation pump when the engine is off, for those hot days between runs. Just gotta figure out how w/o restricting flow for the mechanical pump.

Thanks!

I also considered an electric waterpump, but after talking to a bunch of people I decided not to. They are really just for drag racing and are apparently unreliable for everyday use. You could probably create a new coolant circuit by Ting into a heater hose and adding a bung on the radiator, idk, there must be a way.

Thanks!

I also considered an electric waterpump, but after talking to a bunch of people I decided not to. They are really just for drag racing and are apparently unreliable for everyday use. You could probably create a new coolant circuit by Ting into a heater hose and adding a bung on the radiator, idk, there must be a way.

2015 camaro water pump

Finally got the rest of the 6AN fittings for the surge tank install. I don't know why it is taking so dam long for companies to put stuff in a box these days. Anyway, time to start saving up for the rest of the fuel line parts.

AunoTFul.jpg

Crooked I know, I didn't tighten the mounting bolts yet.

WVqerMhl.jpg

I ordered 2 of these in October to add crankcase ventilation to the valve covers:

egDMUSWl.jpg

Supposed to be here on Saturday, finally, Fed Ex really sucks. They said they attempted delivery (not at my house they didn't) and now there is no scheduled delivery date, 3 days later. So tired of their excuses. They made another delivery of something the wife ordered and just tossed it over my fence (a day late, at 7 PM), so they suck even when they can figure out how to do their job.

End rant haha

Not much has been happening due to the weather (super cold) and funds are tight. I did finally get my valve cover ventilation fittings though. They have no screens or anything in them to prevent oil from shooting up there, so I ended up stuffing them with fiberglass window screen since that is oil proof, and if it does break apart it isn't a huge deal inside the motor.

They will be plumbed to a Radium catch can (it has to match the fuel stuff, plus it has a dipstick haha), no engine vacuum to it, just a mini K&N filter on it.

Someone needs to buy my rear louver so I can get some more parts.

CROCd2Yl.jpg

Stock catch can photo, these guys make nice stuff.

zqBifgRl.jpg

Got some lift time finally today and more tomorrow, wish I had the fuel lines and battery cable. Anyway I yanked the stock fuel lines and under car fuel stuff out. The return line siphoned about 9 gallons of gas out for some reason, which was an unexpected bonus.

I thought I would have to pull the transmission out to clearance the tunnel a bit, but it turns out I just had the wrong trans mount. The standard Ford mount brought it down a little and now I have plenty of room. I also got the hydraulic clutch pedal and master cylinder installed for good.

I started the hydroboost brake install, but when I was bench bleeding the master cylinder it started leaking from the grommets between the reservoir and the main body. It's a Mustang master cylinder with a Volvo reservoir on it, I did use o rings to space it up a little but maybe not enough? I'm not sure, I will attempt double o rings tomorrow.

t8dipcVl.jpg

VYMPzeql.jpg

Back