• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Offroad 1992 245 - Project Sven Bjornagain

Was that 240 lifted on sticky all terrains as well?:oogle:

SHUSH

Those mounts must sit the engine up higher than my setup. I've got the same manifolds and steering shaft, and have clearance issues around right turns. It was great for transmission clearance though.

we should be good but we'll see... Undercarrage clearance is perfect at least, nothing hangs below the crossmembers.

Since i gave input on that steering column shaft does that mean I helped with this build?

Well duh, you get to drive it too. :)

Looks like we might be starting it this weekend...

mmmm rad
DKvRDa8.jpg

Update from last weekend.

trans cooler mounted and plumbed
half the wiring completed
driveline installed
radiator shroud made
radiator mounts completed

SLqLps1.jpg

TMrbtQ8.jpg

8D5as25.jpg

Gotta...

complete wiring
make volvo shifty work with 4l60 shifty
plumb radiator
get exhaust
do big burnout
turn spartan to dust
replace with truetrack

drill some holes in the tstat and get a coolant bypass for the heater control valve if you are planning on using it.

i used a gm bypass in mine but these work well too

https://www.lojkits.com/collections/cooling-system-1/products/ls-swap-heater-bypass-block

the 240s suck for heat in the engine bay so these two things help the ls engines stay nice and cool, if you use just the stock heater control valve it will block coolant flow and cause cavitation in the pump and it will hover heat.

drill some holes in the tstat and get a coolant bypass for the heater control valve if you are planning on using it.

i used a gm bypass in mine but these work well too

https://www.lojkits.com/collections/cooling-system-1/products/ls-swap-heater-bypass-block

the 240s suck for heat in the engine bay so these two things help the ls engines stay nice and cool, if you use just the stock heater control valve it will block coolant flow and cause cavitation in the pump and it will hover heat.

Interesting, I've seen this come up before but the previous owner of this motor didn't mention this. The 5.3 we have was also in a 245. Waiting on verification and will purchase this if need be. THANK YOU for being helpful, I love this forum for that reason.

Still runs. Finished the wiring harness and ran the new power steering hoses.

Exhaust goes on next week.

Then we take it to a local tuner to dial everything in.

I'm expecting a very modest 330hp

Not bad for a $13,000 build.

Excellent! This being turbobricks I sorta half expected you to loose steam right towards the end of the install and decide to part the entire thing out and sell the shell for scrap.

Glad you keep making steady progress. Need more pictures.

Excellent! This being turbobricks I sorta half expected you to loose steam right towards the end of the install and decide to part the entire thing out and sell the shell for scrap.

Glad you keep making steady progress. Need more pictures.

Thanks man. It's basically done at this point. Going to start working on the Mercedes this spring. I'll take more pics and do a final pic dump soon.

It gets its exhaust on Wednesday so I'll make sure to take a bunch of pics and video. 2.5" down to a single 3" pipe out the back with a muffler, no cat.

Back