• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CAS pull-ups MS3X

MikeSr.

What, me worry?
300+ Club
Looking at the hardware manual for MS3X, I see the CAS inputs- MS3X cam, MS3 crank. These are ?hall sensor open collector?, so will need pull-up resistors. Unsure of where physically to put the resistors-JP7? In the harness from input to ground?

You don't need a pull-up, then. Just make sure there's a jumper on JP3, JP7 and nothing on JP8.

Last edited:
Just trying to sort out after reading the hardware manual and the CAS thread on Tb- much of which disappeared with Gross Polluter’s departure.
The DIY site discussion of Megasquirt-III with MS3X says to set the main board for VR input(?) - I thought the VR circuits are not used.
Quote DIY-“ On a V3.57, put JO1 in the 1-2 position and J1 in the 3-4 position.”
Since I have not opened the box yet, I have no idea what this means or what it applies to hall sensor open collector.
“For a pull-up on the CMP input, make sure JP7 is in place on the MS3X.”
Is JP7 a simple jumper and the 1K is enabled by this? Or is JP7 jumped with a 1K?
“ The CKP also needs pull-up. You can put this in place internally or externally. For an external, run a
1K resistor from pin 26 to pin 24 on the main board.
For an internal pull up on a V3.57 board, solder a 1K resistor to R 57”
Just a little confusing to me

I always used 1k pullups built into the harness. don't be surprised if it acts odd running the input into the VR conditioner.

I always used 1k pullups built into the harness. don't be surprised if it acts odd running the input into the VR conditioner.
I saw you said not to use VR conditioner in the thread- if I use cam to MS3X input and crank to Main board input with 1K to ground on each- would that work?

the ms3x cam input is a vr conditioner as well. I ended up getting an external MAX9926 based conditioner for mine (same deal as the ms3pro and microsquirt rpm inputs). still need the pullups, but you'd wire/solder the outputs directly to the pin inputs on the processor.

the problem I always had with the old vr conditioners was some sort of signal drift (for lack of a better description), timing was unstable at higher rpms and the car seemed 'off' all the time until I made the change, then it started behaving. I've actually run into that a couple of times on a couple different cars, this was the safest (electronics wise) way I found to get around it.

Interesting. I figured that drift was a function of timing belt stretch.

This makes me want a Maxxecu even more now...

Oh, jeez- I think I screwed the pooch-I removed the two screws holding the black sensor to flip the wheel .
Time for a new CAS?
These:

Last edited:
Back