• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New acquisition

2 old for this

Got a 2 owner 77 245 that I have maintained since new. It has sat for a few years. One item is that it needs a complete exhaust. I have found no lead pipes from the muffler forward. Who has?

Got a 2 owner 77 245 that I have maintained since new. It has sat for a few years. One item is that it needs a complete exhaust. I have found no lead pipes from the muffler forward. Who has?

lead pipes are usually not used in car exhausts. aluminized steel is more common.

It might help if you put a little effort into making your posts more clear.

Down pipe, head or header pipe and lead (lēd) pipe all refer to the same part.

The part number comes up as discontinued on Tasca's site but the warehouse in Sweden supposedly has 34 of of them. Try ordering though your local dealer and if they say they can't get it contact VP.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/volvo-front-pipe-1219037?c=bD0zJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM%3D

https://vp-autoparts.com/en/artiklar/exhaust-pipe.html

lg_04cc6ccb-ea2e-4aae-8ba5-08f256ba6ad5.jpg

lead pipes are usually not used in car exhausts. aluminized steel is more common.

It might help if you put a little effort into making your posts more clear.

Should have spelled leed instead of lead. Lead might not last. The pipe it needs goes from the down / header to the front muffler. O?Reilly use to sell a down pipe that was designed differently from oe. It gave a bit better mpg

Good to know. "cat back" exh systems never include that.

Its called a 'cat back' because that's exactly what is. There shouldn't be any reason to remove the catalytic converter. But if you did, that s the pipe you need to fill the space between header and the first muffler.

Take a look at the diagram, part #9. That pipe bolts to the rear of the cat.

The catalytic converter looks like this. There isn't anywhere to bolt a pipe. That diagram shows setup for a early car but I've never seen a setup like that. The oldest car I have is a 79.

s-l600.jpg

I am having a hard time finding the p/n for the flange gasket between the cat and the intermediate pipe (#6 in the diagram above). Can anybody help?

My 242's cat has been deleted for a couple decades. I live in a non-emission zone, and just wondering if pre-cat 2.25" B21FT pipes are still sold?

Okay, I figured there was something. Looks like I'll be making one. Might as well install at least a high flow cat to do my bit for the environment :)

(That, and get a charcoal canister on this car. P/O removed both cat and vapor system.)

Back