• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Willie's '67 122 Project

It is! I actually don't like that green color, especially when its old, hahaha. Just looks kinda rotten. I do like the paint color tho, it's almost like a sandy, desert color.

Wash the car
Clay bar
Soak it in some Meguiars #7 overnight, allowing the oils to penetrate the paint.

That'll bring some off the color out and cut through the oxidation.
then use a sealer and wax

Should come out nicely

Just the pedals, clutch master, hard line, soft line, slave cylinder.

It gets tedious tracking down all the parts if you don't have a nice complete donor car.

Great looking car man! Looking forward to watching the project unfold. Looks like we'll be building our rides at the same time.

Great looking car man! Looking forward to watching the project unfold. Looks like we'll be building our rides at the same time.

Thanks man! Which car are you working on!?! Id love to wach your progress as well!

Im really glad i joined this site. Everyone has been really cool and helpful. Seems like a great community.:cool:

That tranny looks like its in great condition! Great price too! I was doing a little reading, Would I have to get a new drive shaft? I read a thread where the guy had a problem with that.

The front section has to be shorter. Then you can get into differences in the flange sizes, Volvo had (at least) 3 different sizes,a nd seemed to switch between them almost at random. And the flanges off one trans won't necessarily swap to another trans.

It can be somewhat of a minor headache.

When I put an M41 in my PV I got lucky and my new late model M41 came with the same size flange as my PV's M40, so I just measured carefully, and took the driveshaft to a drivetrain shop and had them chop some 11-ish inches out of the front section, reweld and rebalance it.

It's somewhat painful to drive one of these old cars at modern highway speeds without an OD 5th gear. They'll do it in 4th, but that motor is *spinning*.

Back