• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M46 oil

Now that is interesting, eu model manual only says the ATF, at least the 2 that I have.
Thanks for the info, I shall try the gear oil someday before the M46 is totaled, I got nothing to lose anymore so I think its worth a try with the VS200.

I've been running 10-30 Mobile 1 in my trans with out an issue (actually i think it's a mix of 5 30 and 10 30 but it doesn't give me any issues).THe m46 in my car shifts smoother and feels better over all then it ever did with atf or mtl. My old M46 had an OD that stopped wanting to engage (cone clutch was dead at this point, I was just trying to limp it another month or 2) put 10/40 in and the OD worked great once again (still had no reverse but that's what happens when the cone clutch is dead).

I've been running 10-30 Mobile 1 in my trans with out an issue (actually i think it's a mix of 5 30 and 10 30 but it doesn't give me any issues).THe m46 in my car shifts smoother and feels better over all then it ever did with atf or mtl. My old M46 had an OD that stopped wanting to engage (cone clutch was dead at this point, I was just trying to limp it another month or 2) put 10/40 in and the OD worked great once again (still had no reverse but that's what happens when the cone clutch is dead).
Good info, thanks. My issue is a bit different, the tranny hasnt been serviced so well, and it has done 400k miles+, and at least some time with a clutch that doesnt completely release -> first and second gear are quite synchro-less, and the bearings make noice, plus the OD bearings also seem a bit shot as it shouts in OD more or less... It engages the OD at 40mph(no, I dont use itbelow 55mph, just tested), so the tranny works, but is just about done. I actually have a fresh M46, but have no interest to swap it before this one is either totaled or healed with some other oil:-P

Back