• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Limit of fuel map on 2.4lh chips questions...

Hmmm , you gotta tell me more!!!! I need the 3 inch exhaust, no doubt! Pm me with prices please for cam and exhaust to more suit me. I want a cam with enough bottom end to line lock my 235 wide z rated tires. She refuses to right now , only building 4.5 psi at most and pushing the car. ( And i put new pads on the back..alot of the reason..)

But i want that A cam, or better top end. And i dont want to adjust valves to get there. Really not concerned with peak power, im more concerned with a larger power spectrum through the rev limit. Peak power proves little to nothing on a dyno. Ive seen many Dyno queens get eat up at the track because the power wasnt there- through out the complete rev range.. I.e. more useable power.

Thanks! Kris.

When can i expect a box of goodies Mike?

comon guys! you can go bigger then 75/85/95 whatever lbs, all it requires is lambda feedback being disabled and some fuel map tuning. It's not hard I promise! I ran 120s @ 3 bar on pump gas on LH and still got 30 mpg on the highway!

so please! lets put away that misconception.

but for serious dude, 480's are too small. you might want to also look into a fuel pump upgrade too. 550+cc minimum.

don't get into all this "properly sizing injectors for the limitations of stock LH" garbage. you're cutting yourself short. get in there and get to it, otherwise you're gonna run too small of an injector for lambda's sake and lean out and blow your stuff up.

ALSO YOU NEED A WIDEBAND BEFORE YOU START ANY OF THIS :lol:

Save up some coin and have nathin build you a intake/header. That should have you easily over 300
I would say get some bigger injectors. I cant imagine you would be at 300hp right now. I could be wrong though.

Years ago before most of you someone posted up a 300whp dyno(might of been 280whp) on 42lb injectors....... few believed it...and heck even driving the car and tuning it (on ms a year after said dyno) I still do not know how I feel about it.

:rofl: a million times at wideband comment_ya got me on that one, now get me on this one..:nod: J/K

Thats some serious fuel. I dont know if i really need that much. Im not going for 600hp, im more of a 350ish type guy with this car. I daily drive it. Right now its got a stupid flooding issue while starting every once in a while, did it 4 times last night back to back. could be the 025 amm or no ign chip.. _shrugs_ but it has A issue that needs to be solved, before i even think of going bigger injector. My mpg is waaaaaaaaaaaay down, maybe at 12 or 13 miles to gallon, i know it cant be that lean!!! I attribute this to no ign chip and that 025 amm as well. When i get an 012 on there and the ign chip, i think everything will get along better. My spark plug footprint is clean/ brownish on electrode and dark black at the base, indicating a ton of fuel at wot. My exhaust is dark black. When i ran open pipe with a dump over the axle, it left black spots everywhere when it idled and the exhaust gas hit the ground. It smells like fuel all the time, Like an old carbed muscle car starting up in the cold, not one leak. My narrowband says i have too much fuel at idle and at full boost.. But i know how they can lie...

Really i dont plan to run more than 25psi and i dont plan to make 400hp. I just want to go fast and be relaible. And not have to unplug injectors to start the thing.
Kris.

Dang ! I ran 440cc (mk3 stock turbo injectors ) with a potentiometer on lh2.2 on the 90 740t i had in 03 i think . It loved it! I think theres a little black majic sprinkled into some of these cars before we even start tweaking them.. Im telling ya.. Fuel pressure can always be tweaked to tailor too, Brett . And for me i think thats a less expensive venture! I paid $300 for the car From Vince Mccalister,(va) and bought a engine , head and cam from him for little to nothing. Tooled around at Billies volvo shop in asland to get parts... The intercooler and rad came out of my supra thats now sold. I cant see dropping another $200 on injectors after feeling the way this thing pulls, but i respect your suggestion.
Im just a broke white man..LOl. Im always for swap meet deals, not new shiny part deals. This is my $300 ride yo!

I made 250 crank hp on 804's and am currently making 300 crank hp on 420cc injectors and i'm still running a bit rich. Don't know where this idea of needing huge injectors to make more than stock power comes from. I'm running a stock inlet and 90+ exhaust manifold and like Mike was I'm trapping 103mph.

Yeah , I met up with Kyote last night and took him for a ride. We both agree mine is nasty rich. You can smell the fuel loading up at idle and of course theres no way to miss all the fuel flying out of my exhaust at wot! We did a 23/25psi run down access road, spun in second. 7mgtesup , whats your setup?
I applaud Willet for his concern but you guys gotta remember that every car is different, as is every motor and every setup. Seems like every rule has a exception.
Kris.

your 46lb/480cc injectors on stock MAF= sputter! sputter! muffled rich exhaust noise, weak rev. Too fat for stock MAF on gas.

I run 46lb injectors on E85 fuel and it loves it.

Last edited:
Crap, facespace is holding all my vidoes hostage, and i have no idea how to post them. Argghh!
I dont run a cat.

Back