• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 in a 240

Hey man, Looks that way yes. I wasn't going to say anything until they arrived but the rear setup that I posted earlier in the thread will no longer be used. I'm still waiting for the new rear setup to arrive... If they do that is. Its been over 2 months and I haven't heard anything. I will be running 400 lb for the fronts and 350 lb rear.

Interesting! I will be running 500lb front and 250lb rears on the same setup pictured above, and, aswell as the E36 camber plates off GAZ :)

Cool Iv not heard of that before, are they a direct fit to the 240 bolt holes?

Goodbye red block.

20150905_164552_7_bestshot_zpsrrc7hwvv.jpg

20150905_195005_8_bestshot_zps8mejrsr4.jpg

20150905_200630_5_bestshot_zps0dnld8wi.jpg

20150906_140453_8_bestshot_zpsrvtk6qrz.jpg

20150906_161448_7_bestshot_zpsvhlsnfgu.jpg

I did some cleaning in the bay but I need something abit stronger to fetch the underseal off.

Just read through this thread and all I see is win. Keep it up.
Nice welds too. I hope to be that good one day instead of crazy looking welds I eventually grind a little smooth.

Cheers Guys.

I'm away training again at the moment so I cant get anything done during the week :-( I have some ideas for the rear suspension setup after talking to a few of the members on here. I can hopefully get the measurements made this weekend with the axle loosely re attached.

I'm still doing stuff... I promise.

Finally got all the super sticky glue off the roof, kinda took some paint off on one of them, I got carried away with the wire wheel before realising petrol fetched it off far better and chucked less crap around the car.

20150924_185751_3_bestshot_zpsvqhu6jm9.jpg

The laser cutters pulled through for me today and got these sorted for the weekend so I can get them welded up. Big thanks to Homer with regards to the brackets.

20150925_162656_zpsrhgfexap.jpg

20150925_164310_5_bestshot_zps0alikuan.jpg

20150925_164401_5_bestshot_zpsbrrfbuxv.jpg

Wunderbar!

there you go. These pics had been sent to me from Gaz itself. They even went to the extent of going to the scrap yard and buying a cut off a strut tower lol :D

20141020_144650_zpsjwslirlf.jpg

20141020_144704_zpsaze1zru7.jpg

Hope that helps ;)

Adam

Nice build!

How do you like the build quality of the GAZ coilovers??

My brother ordered some last week (they are currently being shipped from the UK to Holland) for our 242.

@Adam

Thx for the pictures.. if i ever need camber adjustment, i'll check those E36's out..

Thanks

The coilovers look great but I cant say much until I actually take them out on the road. I see them used within a lot of communities in the UK, like Antz said earlier in the thread they have a good name in the old fords also Peugeots, BMW's etc so fingers crossed they should be spot on.

I noticed someone had welded gussets onto there's from the spindle knuckle to the strut, perhaps this could be a weak point in the strut. I guess ill find out.

Bluergh, the clamp used to hold the turbine housing and CHRA together snapped at some point while its been in storage, after digging around it seems no one can get me one of these clamps for sensible money, so its been "repaired" hopefully it holds.

20151006_193418_2_bestshot_zpsfzdm63ca.jpg

While it was out on the bench I figured it was worth getting rid of that ridiculously small waste gate.

20151006_194020_3_bestshot_zpsqfcjlxmv.jpg

V-band clamps are ten bucks from silicone intakes: http://www.siliconeintakes.com/dsm-intercooler-piping/?searchstring=v-band+clamp

They have up to 4.5", not sure if yours is bigger than that.

I had a word with a couple of holset retailers. They all said that its not a generic v band clamp and that it was a specific fitment. They were probably just taking me for a ride thinking id be mad enough to pay ?50 for a clamp. If it snaps again, ill see if I can sort something.

Back