• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

oil filter relocation question! b230ft

JonCStewart

~'90 740T B230FT w/ factory oil cooler~
I ordered this derale kit from (links below) Amazon, it appears it'll work?
My question is what sort of (3/4-16) male to male adapter do I need to go from the block to my adapter plate? I figured there would be a suitable brass fitting at home depot but I'm curious what y'all's solutions have been.

Adapter in my brain: brass fitting Amazon link

kit I ordered:Derale Amazon link

Someone also recommend this somewhere I read: EATON AEROQUIP 2041-8-8S

Idk why but the -AN or JIC type seems like it wouldn't work well but wtf do I know?

Lastly I figured i'd just plumb the oil cooler inline with everything & I wouldn't have too many issues? Feed to feed return to return & maybe relocate it just south of the coolant res on the passenger fender?

Why do you need an adapter? Just take the oil filter off and screw the plate on. Then run your lines and the remote oil filter adapter.

The block is the same threads as your adapter kit.

Why do you need an adapter? Just take the oil filter off and screw the plate on. Then run your lines and the remote oil filter adapter.

The block is the same threads as your adapter kit.

Well when I remove the banjo bolt from the oil filter "arm?" theres just a threaded hole in the block. For me to thread the adapter on I would have to put something in place for it to grab onto. I aside from drilling out the banjo bolt I can't think of a good way to make it work atm.

You need an oil filter nipple from any B230 without an oil cooler. The brass fitting from Amazon is pipe thread.

1034218_z_0002.jpg

Why would you need to touch the banjo bolt? The remote plate would go where your oil filter is now, after the oil cooler t/stat housing. If you put the sandwich between the arm & the block, then how do you propose to deal with the oil cooler? The filter needs to be post-oil cooler not pre...

The Eaton fitting should work fine. It's the same thread pitch at 3/4-16, you may need to shorten it slightly depending on the filter adapter.

Also, the Derale adapter is hot garbage. It allows for a small amount of oil to bypass the entire remote assembly. There is a steel nut that's held in with a snap ring. There's a lot of clearance/slop in this part, and that's where the leakage occurs.

Hey ya'll thanks for all the replies & advice!
I've made some progress but failed in the process...
Off a 92' b230ft I removed the "oil filter stud" from the oil filter arm.
It was too long so I chopped it & welded it up, unfortunately it was a little cockeyed & won't sit flush.
After googling a bunch I found this part:AL3Z-6890-A which I've ordered through my local Ford dealership for sub $10.
They couldn't tell me the length but I'm pretty certain it'll work for my application.

@Culberro Yeahhh I realized it was trash before I ordered it. I think she'll potentially last long enough for this build we'll see!

Back