• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Philly-Carlisle Caravan Thread 2013-Year of Swedes!!

Is everyone meeting at the Perkins again this year?

As far as I know, yes. Haven't confirmed that but I don't see why anyone wouldn't this year.

I would like to continue the tradition considering I started it lol

And also considering I will be making my return this year(with Diana!) I would love to cruise in with everyone, it's a necessity.

Plus I should have the northern jerz crew and the New England folks as well.

Do we want to shoot for 12noon? Or more like 2pm maybe?

I would like to continue the tradition considering I started it lol

And also considering I will be making my return this year(with Diana!) I would love to cruise in with everyone, it's a necessity.

Plus I should have the northern jerz crew and the New England folks as well.

Do we want to shoot for 12noon? Or more like 2pm maybe?

snappage.

still need to buy or borrow a radio... can anyone lend me a handheld or should I just nut up and buy one already?

Just re-read through this whole thread. I'm extra pumped for this again! Made some list changes to the OP. Nick is out because he's an idiot and thought this was a thread for the North Jersey caravan. Lol.

As of right now my exhaust should be done and I should have window tint, but I probably won't be on pegs because I won't have the money for tires for them in time. But that means I'll be on the Canopus wheels again! We'll see how it goes. I wanted to have a Kaplhenke steering wheel adapter and a nice Sparco wheel in time for this too, but that probably won't happen either. Still super pumped though!!!

We may push back the start time from Ikea by a half hour or so to allow Tornetta and/or Nat to join us. Tornetta has a legitimate excuse of living an hour and change from Philly and having lots of responsibities, but Nat is being whiny and saying he doesn't want to get up early on Friday because he'll be at work late Thursday night. And he's basically a 10 minute drive from Ikea. Lame! Lol.

So who else is so ready for this?!?!?

Me!!!

dude bring the wheel and get Ben to bring the adapter!

Looks like so far..

Nick, Jake will be cruising down with me along with some NE peeps
Andy Strauss
Melissa Gambino
Dave negrelli
Andy dawson(?)
Ben McNally

Others?

My buddies James and Avery will probably just meet us at Perkins @noon

So I bought a refurb CB for $16 from eBay. Still need an antenna.

I'll be giving wisturbo a ride to ikea, and he can ride shotgun with me in the convoy or jump in whatever car he wants. Natalie can't get off work, so she'll miss the convoy, but she's gonna take the train to Harrisburg and I'll go pick her up around 8pm.

I will be in the area and would love to ride down with you guys. I have an Easypass but don't have a CB.

Be at the South Philly Ikea at 9am Friday!! We would love to have you. I'll have some two way radios for people without CBs.

Tim, no SWR meter but I'm sure the electronics gurus Mike and Josh can help you when we're at Ikea.

So who else is ****ING STOKED!?! It kinda hit me this weekend that this is real again. Lol. I can't wait!!

So ill be at carlisle, but ill have to meet at perkins. Had some stuff come up and cant leave early enough to make it to philly to ride in the caravan. Sorry, but ill see you all at perkins!

So I'm driving back homw after work to meet my wife, mother-in-law and other family members for dinner. Coming up Lincoln Drive, which is a twisty, limited access no shoulder concrete barrier heavy traffic kind of road, and two miles from home the V8lvo just shuts off. Dashboard christmas tree. Try to refire, and get lots of cranking, weak sputters and the engine dies when I give it any gas. Luckily a good samaritan behind me offered to push the car a quarter mile uphill to a parking spot.

C5A5E03F-4C9F-41DA-AF50-FBC4B1785ABA-5255-0000046012960660.jpg

After dinner, went back and tried adding another gallon of gas and charging up the battery, but it will not fire.

E8E921F9-7026-4DBF-8128-C3705CBD9C47-5255-000004601C6BB245.jpg

I am back hkme right now, but it looks like I'll have to get it towed to a shop tonight if it's gonna make Carlisle. This sucks. It's been running great for a year. This weekend, I drove it from Philly to York and back with no prolems at all.

Maybe the fuel pump died? It's kind of acting like it's out of gas. The voltage is reading 10-11volts, but it wouldn't fire when jumped to another car and the starter motor cranks like a champ.

Wooooo! I'll be driving the 242 and meeting you guys at Ikea with Sean & Becky in tow. I have a CB and might have a better one by Friday morning.

Back