• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AC in the Volvo 140 series

Sine Qua Non

American Psycho
What is those that have a late 140 series use for air conditioning? Still using York or Sanden/aftermarket? My 74 144 came with AC but is currently removed due due engine rebuild. Looking for direction as to what works. Does any 240 set up work the same as the 140? Any worthy upgrades or must do? TIA.

The Sanden style compressors are more efficient and draw less horsepower. There are adapter brackets that bolt onto a York compressor bracket, but they look very strong.

I believe turbobricker Rfoltz53 makes brackets that bolt onto a B20 that accepts a Sanden style compressor. He also makes different brackets for the B18 engines as well.

I have sold and installed half a dozen of these from Bob and they are pretty nice, but not perfect as I have to do a little grinding to make the brackets fit correctly, but I think it is worth it.

Since I am not sure that Rfoltz53 is Bob Foltz, the guy I buy the brackets from, I will pm his email address.

Do you have the AC idle up valve with solenoid ?
I wonder how folks with AC and carbs keep the idle from dropping when turning on the AC?
I've got a 72' with D-Jet and it wouldn't idle until I installed the valve and solenoid.
Not sure which compressor I've got. It's still working and blowing cold

Forgive me for jumping on your thread, but I'm curious to know what people are doing as far as condensers for these old 140/164 frigiking/York systems. I'm trying to get the A/C on my '72 164E up and running, but my condenser's shot. I don't think this is something that's worth trying to get recored, or even if that's something that can be done, but I don't know where to even start to try to figure out what else can be used in it's place.

Sine, are you still using the original condenser?

Also, I just yesterday came across a place that sells a York to Sanden bracket. www.ackits.com. Part #5033. Has anyone here used that one and if so, how well did or didn't it do the job?

Back