• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

15g obtainable hp guesses on a 240/b230ft

300HP exists in B230FT's with 15g and 16T. I have seen it quite a lot of times. High octane and big IC is the key of course. The 15g and 16T really likes to heat the air beyond 280HP worth of flow.

In the FWD cars it is pretty common to see 300HP with the 16T's.

got a cherry turbos built 15g direct bolt on for my 240, i'm essentially looking for 300 hp and find it hard to believe that 300 hp is obtainable with the 15g AND supporting mods of course. my question is, is it possible or should i grab a holset or 2871r?

I vote yes.

the 2871r seems to be a great turbo as well as the holsets, you can get the holsets cheaper tho... well i guess i should tell yall i'm building a drifter out of a 78 242, that 2871 has quicker spool than the holset correct?

btw, runnin msns, ported 90 mani, mildly ported 530 head, oversized valves crane springs

Last edited:
325 should be thre limit with high compression, well tuned fuel induction, efficient air-induction cooling, and efficient cylinder head flow characteristics. after that are the driveline component reliablility.

Last edited:
325 should be thre limit with high compression, well tuned fuel induction, efficient air-induction cooling, and efficient cylinder head flow characteristics. after that are the driveline component reliablility.

325 with which turbo? you said thre... didnt know if that was 'the' or 'they're' :-) I'll be more specific with the motor im running, 90 b230ft big rod motor, stock internals .030 over so its not the b21 out of the 78 im using the 8.7/1 stock turbo motor

yeah that with a Hahn racecraft super 16g turbine housing makes for a really fun turbo :)

the super 20g from them are nice as well

I think you can even buy an adapter that goes from T3 to the DSM flange. Not positive though.

i've actually got one that goes from the dsm flange to the t3 style, but it doesnt really work you need a t3 flange welded to like a 1.5" pipe and then the dsm flange, the clearance wont allow you to bolt both sides up on a single adapter plate, well at least not the one i've got, anyway then i've got to get a v band exhaust housing, reclock it and have the turbo rebuilt, figured it'd be easier to just buy a different turbo if it would be a better match for what i'm doin

Back