• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What sunshade fits the amazon

You mean those old type shades that hang over the front of the windshield? I think they are only made for use with your 51 Ford Woody.

Last edited:
VP has them on special order. A couple different colors.

https://vp-autoparts.com/en/artiklar/sun-visor-duett_amazon-1957-70-black.html

volvo-amazon-1967-v9008-042.jpg

The green one kind of looks like your car is a card shark.

I firmly believe that the Amazon is pretty much a 50s car in terms of aesthetics. Thus a windshield sun shade is fair game.

:facepalm:

^Those things are ugly on Amazons ?
?well the Amazons were designed in the 50s

No like a tinfoil hat but for your windshield

They are quite ugly.

The sort that you put inside of the windshield so your steering wheel doesn't burn your hands? I ordered one for a Jeep TJ after looking at the dimensions. It should arrive today. I'll report back once it shows up.

The wind noise from that type must be awful. It's like a spoiler for the front of your car to lift up the front end.

Amazon uses the front of a Chrysler 300 and the back and side are like a Nash from the fifties. Somehow they combined the looks and made a good looking car.

The wind noise from that type must be awful. It's like a spoiler for the front of your car to lift up the front end.

Amazon uses the front of a Chrysler 300 and the back and side are like a Nash from the fifties. Somehow they combined the looks and made a good looking car.

The "fins" also kind of look like an MGB or Karmann Ghia. Although that may just be ponton styling at play.

Shoebox Ford with Chrysler 300 IMO

Yes that shade ? lmk

I would deem the cheap as hell Jeep TJ shade I got off amazon for $12 to be a "close enough" fit. A bit too wide. Perfect height though. It would stay in place better if I had gotten a better one with some stiffness.

There’s a place that makes custom shades. They send you a template and you cut it to fit your windshield and mail it back to them. I’ll have to ask Kyle what it was called.

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot, buy a roll of foil-backed reflective bubble wrap style heat shielding, like Reflectix or similar. Cut to fit. Instant sunshade! Plus you have leftover material to make more.

reflectix-radiant-barrier-bp48025-c3_600.jpg

Just a thought. The amount of light reflected by white cardboard is almost the same as the amount reflected by tinfoil. The difference is negligible.

Just a thought. The amount of light reflected by white cardboard is almost the same as the amount reflected by tinfoil. The difference is negligible.

Really whatever material you can find that reflects light should work. I ended up the jeep TJ shade because it fits and while it is the same material as the reflectix you get at the hardware store it was cheaper.

Did an experiment yesterday and it prevents my steering wheel from getting hot enough to burn my hands. So mission accomplished there.

Are we talking here about a shade for parking or cruising? Love that 50's low rider look. Just saw a 1947 Cadillac for sale at Crissy Field Beach. Looked all original.

Back