• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What spoiler is this?

swiftjustice44

Central Coast Brickyard
So...I'm slowly rebuilding an 80GT. Been considering a trunk spoiler, nothing too ricey...maybe something like this one. Anyone know what it's off? Also, feel free to post pics of your trunk spoiler as I'm always up for new ideas. Let me know where you sourced it if possible...thanks!
Picture293-2.jpg

Zender.
I might know a guy with one locally, he bought my Grp. A spoiler. Want me to see about digging out his phone number? I dunno how much it'd cost however, you'd have to talk to him about that.

So...I'm slowly rebuilding an 80GT. Been considering a trunk spoiler, nothing too ricey...maybe something like this one. Anyone know what it's off? Also, feel free to post pics of your trunk spoiler as I'm always up for new ideas. Let me know where you sourced it if possible...thanks!
Picture293-2.jpg

that spoiler on that gt is volvo it came in early 80's i have friend few year ago had one of those in 82 242 t p.d hard to find item

i have an oem bmw 535is spoler and it fits perfect on the 242, and it looks clean too. need to snap some pictures

That is a Zender. It was offered as an option on the 240 back in the day.

It is a perfect fit on the pre-85 sedans.

I have one sitting in my parts bin. Trying to figure out how to attach it to my 142.

Hey c'mon now Nick...that's just wrong! Why not "loan" it to me...for, umm, a while. :lol:

Ok...I see Neptune has one on his 242. I guess I'll either wait or go another direction.

I called and got voicemail. Again though we only discussed them, so not 100% sure he had them.
I'll try calling tomorrow if I remember and if I don't get through I'll email him.
They are rare, sure, but they DO come up for sale. Maybe 2-3 a year between here and eBay and the most expensive I've seen was $300 for an NOS one. But I sold my Group A for $250 to a local so, that's sorta the going rate maybe?

Where can someone get a grp-A spoiler nowadays? Replica of course. And what's the going rate?

Well I got mine from a local old timer.
DVS in Australia still makes replicas but the shipping ain't cheap.
Comparatively speaking the zender ones are foam, so I'd hazard to guess that they'd be harder to replicate.

Back