• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 No dash lights

Chris_R

Kickin' rocks in sandals
1995 960, none of the lights on the switches or climate control unit.

Typically I'd think it's just the little bulbs for the switches that are out, but the climate control unit being out seems suspect.

Car is in the shop for alignment right now so I'll put a meter on it later, but looking for ideas in the meantime.

Thanks!

First try rolling the dash "dimmer" upwards (it lives beside the headlight switch), then try fuse #8 in the panel on the left end of the dash, which apparently also powers : Power seats, Power side door mirrors, Tailgate wiper/washer (wagons), Ambient temp. sensor

It's usually the dimmer. My 850 has the same issue where you have to jiggle it a bit sometimes to get it to work.

Thanks for the input guys!

Dimmer dims/brightens the instrument cluster and the power seats/mirrors work. Hopefully it's just bulbs.

Anyone know if the climate control unit is the same from 1994 940 to 1995 960? They look about the same from the front, but I know how that goes.

Back