• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'89 244 - From Low Car To Go Car.

I managed to grab some pics with a potato. I'll get my real camera out this weekend hopefully. I think I managed to get all of the bugs worked out so far. Car just needs to be driven now.

Engine bay needs a lot of attention, but I'll wait for winter to straighten things up.

Next step is getting the wheels refinished and working out the suspension.

Love what you've done here, I got tired of the "slammed stance" on my 242, so I feel you there :lol:

What happened to the kaplhenke suspension?

Very cool. She's coming along nicely.

Thanks!

What happened to the kaplhenke suspension?

Was sold to another member on TB. I'll be going a different route this time around, with Kaplhenke goods of course. :oogle:

Actually got out and drove the car today. After blowing intercooler boots off a couple times it finally sealed up and made boost. Unfortunately once the turbo spools it starts to run pig rich, going below 10:1AFR and fouls out. Thinking it's a boost leak.

That's what I had in mind and it worked well. got all the leaks taken care of! It builds 20psi no problem, which is a problem within itself. Seems the wastegate can't keep up.

While this setup has been fun for the summer, it's time to move on to bigger and better things!

I'll be ditching the T5 in favor of a TH400 since I don't think the T5 is going to like the new power goals. I'm really torn between keeping the redblock and just swapping in an I6 whiteblock. I'll be shooting for ~450-500whp next spring. I'll have to do more research on how well the B230 will withstand that power.

I have a MS3pro Ultimate ECU sitting on my desk, which will be plenty for either engine I decide to go with. Rear end will be swapped for a beefier unit as well, however I'm still undecided on which I will use.

Last edited:
It's put back together again! Really lost interest in this thing over the past few months, but it feels great to see it rolling again! Just a stock redblock and M47 for now while I figure out the whiteblock swap.

Added some ATS brakes, 25/25 sways, E-code headlights, and new wheels. 17x8/9 et2 BBS LM with 235/40R17 Federal SS-595 rubber. Cut 2 coils out of the front, and 0 rear. Really needs coilovers to sit right, but it handles surprisingly well right now.

What's the name/manufacturer of those white steelies? I've been looking for something like that in 5x108 for ages!

Started working on the T6 swap. Received my bellhousing adapter for the TH400 last week from KL Racing, and am currently working with Roger Dee to get an adapter made up for the torque converter. Also trying to find a 960 semi-local to yank the engine out of for the rest of the swap parts. Once I get the oil pan I can start mocking things up and fabricating engine/trans mounts. I think I'm going to make a new trans tunnel to fit the TH400, driveshaft loop, and clearance for a 1 piece driveshaft. We'll see how close it is.

Back