• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carlsen Volvo 10th Annual Car Show, Aug. 6, 2011

gsellstr

Vintage anti-ricer
300+ Club
Been chatting with Larry a bit and this show is gonna be BIG. It's taken on a life of it's own so far!

As of now, the list includes:
2 P1900's, one from the VCNA museum I believe, that underwent a MASSIVE ground-up resto, plus Lars' and perhaps a couple more.
K-Pax will have some of their toys there.
The Volvo 'Burro' buggy that people have only seen pic's of.
IPD with one of their rig's.
One of the women's cycling teams that roll in a Volvo.
Possibly rep's from VCNA as well.
An unveiling of something special from Volvo...second viewing in the US. :oogle:
A much rumored, seldom seen R-powered 240.
All that and much more!

Of course this is in addition to the usual BBQ, awards, local cars, good times, good people, and hopefully awesome weather as usual.

http://www.carlsenvolvo.com/Carlsen-Parts-Department

If you plan to attend and show your car, PLEASE send Larry a copy of the registration form so he can get an idea just how much space he'll need.

For those of you from out of town, Larry says The Zen Hotel is right across the street. The do offer a AAA discount and if enough people book, they may offer a group discount. Their phone number is 1-800-458-8696.

Last edited:
IPD is actually talking about introducing it's new creation at this show along with the V70R that was at Davis. No confirmation yet, but it sounds promising. Now go bug Cameron and Chris to make it happen.

We are also working on getting Elevate to come with some of their toys.

Oh and I'll be there. Wouldn't wanna miss that would you...

I'm there for my third,
Nick Choy was thinking on coming down to this as well.

It should indeed be a good show, and worthy of the out-of-towner's. :)

Tell him to check in with the IPD crew and get a caravan going. Maybe drag Kyle along as well if he's got a new ride yet.

Norbert Kist and George Haigh were talking about coming too. Shame them into making up their mind and coming.

Not there this year :-(

Will be out for Davis next year, but I can't afford to fly to CA for every good Volvo event.

Save up for next year. Golden Gate Chapter will be hosting the National. It will be in lieu of Carlsen and IPD's 50th Anniversary. Let's just say this is going to be off the hook.

Norbert Kist and George Haigh were talking about coming too. Shame them into making up their mind and coming.

Save up for next year. Golden Gate Chapter will be hosting the National. It will be in lieu of Carlsen and IPD's 50th Anniversary. Let's just say this is going to be off the hook.

Next year..... I will be there for the national. Will we still have Davis too?

Posted via Mobile Device

Davis Swap Meet, Car Show and Auto-X will be April 28th and 29th, 2012.

More details when more of it is firmed up.

Good to know the date is set early.

So the national meet will be in central CA in 2012? Wasn't sure if IPD's 50th would be 2012 or 2013 since they started in '63.

Back