• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bersekker tagged as junk car by city.

noz-e8tr

So I got a nice certified letter from the city to remove my "Junk Car" or the city would tow it at me expense. There are days I hate living inside the city limits. The car was parked under a car port, on jack stands, with a car cover over it. The car is registered, and insured. According to the city, "Any vehicle inoperable for more than 10 days is considered abandoned/junk." The car is on a 1/2 acre private property and is almost 100 feet from the street. I've dealt with this before in Lubbock, Tx. with a 1970 Mach 1 drag car. I ended up having to buy a car trailer and keep it parked on that to keep them off my back. Being on a trailer was acceptable, but not being parked in the driveway....go figure. Anyway, I'll end my rant. Here is a video of my progress. Been slow as I have to have a bee hive removed from property before I could get to some of my tools. The beekeeper removed 130lbs of honeycomb and honey and relocated approx. 60,000 bees.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9lY9Z1y9U_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Congrats! I got a junkyard award this month too. I have had a parts car in the drive for a little too long, admittedly. But, f the neighbors. This is my house and if I want to trim my shrubbery into giant middle fingers then it's my right, right?

Question, do you rev that car on your property? Is it loud? Thank your neighbors.

I'm pretty respectful of that. I honestly don't think I was turned in. One neighbor has about 100 cats, the other has more junk cars than me. Neither want the city in their lives. No, we have these two young girls that drive around in a city truck "Neighborhood Improvement" it says. I've seen them parked on the road looking in peoples yard with binoculars.

Question, do you rev that car on your property? Is it loud? Thank your neighbors.

wow... I'd see if I could catch them in the act with the binoculars and turn them in as peepers. Sounds like city regulations were established by a bunch a-holes or your community is overrun with hoarders.

We are on the outskirts of town. My lot actually backs a welding shop. But his side of the street is zoned light industrial where mine is residential. I think where the problem lies is there is 3 houses for sale just down the road, so either it was a random drive-by by the binocular yard Nazis, or the realtor turned people in to make the neighborhood look more "presentable." This is the house I've lived in forever. Purchased it from my parents. Its kind of a catch 22. The car is registered as an Antique, which requires a sworn statement that you will only drive it to events, for maintenance etc....Then the city dings you for not driving it. lol

wow... I'd see if I could catch them in the act with the binoculars and turn them in as peepers. Sounds like city regulations were established by a bunch a-holes or your community is overrun with hoarders.

Dang, I am lucky, the 242 has been under a cover with no front suspension on it for a few years now in our driveway!

Installing a gate at the car port that you can't see through might help. As for the neighbor yard view, some new trees?
Dave B.

Fence in the carport, paint it the most gaudy colors you can find. Post on craigslist asking for paint remnants in bright colors and you'll likely get all the ugly paint you need for free.

I really hate rules like this. I mean I get that nobody wants to live next to someone who has a rotting schoolbus in 3 foot high weeds in the front yard but if it's in the carport on your own property that's nobody's business. What's the point in owning property if others can tell you what to do with it?

Last edited:
The end of the world -- Mueller has no problem in CA; noz-e8tr gets dinged in TX.

"No, we have these two young girls that drive around in a city truck "Neighborhood Improvement" it says." There's some value-added for your tax dollars right there. Jeez. Seems we all have to deal with some version of it. It's sure changed though - I lived in Houston for 15 years back in the 80's/90's. Hell, as long as you didn't kill anyone, just about anything was fine. Seemed like if you had a good reason, you could even kill someone. Go figure.

I volunteer my expertise, free tire fills from the compressor, even help with mild repairs, clean up, buffing out scratches, pushing out bumper covers (break out the hair dryer) for my neighbors. They're always asking what the next project is with the Volvo, etc. I've even taken one or two of 'em for rides to Cars&Coffee. Never get any complaints about working on it, hearing it crank up, etc. 'Course, I've got really good neighbors too. One of them is friends with Lee Holman (Holman-Moody) and introduced me --- Lee gave me personal tour of their facility here in CLT and seemed to get a kick out of seeing the 242 when it was Ford powered. You never know...

Apparently the Realtors think you're being a "nuisance", too?

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.683.htm

Sec. 683.071. DEFINITION AND APPLICABILITY.
(a) In this subchapter, "junked vehicle" means a vehicle that:
(2) is:
(B) inoperable and has remained inoperable for more than:
(ii) 30 consecutive days, if the vehicle is on private property.

Sec. 683.072. JUNKED VEHICLE DECLARED TO BE PUBLIC NUISANCE.
A junked vehicle, including a part of a junked vehicle, that is visible at any time of the year from a public place or public right-of-way:

(1) is detrimental to the safety and welfare of the public;
(2) tends to reduce the value of private property;
^ Realtor's complaint?

(3) invites vandalism;
(4) creates a fire hazard;
(5) is an attractive nuisance creating a hazard to the health and safety of minors;
(6) produces urban blight adverse to the maintenance and continuing development of municipalities; and
(7) is a public nuisance.

We are on the outskirts of town. My lot actually backs a welding shop. But his side of the street is zoned light industrial where mine is residential. I think where the problem lies is there is 3 houses for sale just down the road, so either it was a random drive-by by the binocular yard Nazis, or the realtor turned people in to make the neighborhood look more "presentable." This is the house I've lived in forever. Purchased it from my parents. Its kind of a catch 22. The car is registered as an Antique, which requires a sworn statement that you will only drive it to events, for maintenance etc....Then the city dings you for not driving it. lol

I'd take the codes/zoning office a copy of the antique car registration agreement, and explain that until next year your club will not be holding or attending any events and that's the reason why your car cannot and will not be driven at this time, and it just so happens to leave flat spots on your uber expensive tires to leave it in one place for that period of time so you utilize jackstands.

Damn Noz, that's BS. Sadly, I've been there with our neighbors. No complaints on the car across the street with a tarp covering the engine since the front clip was removed, for 2 years but in the 24 hours I had the R up on stands in my driveway, front wheels off as I was waiting on suspension parts that were delivered late, I get a 24 hour WILL TOW notice on it. Got multiple 72 hour notices on the truck being parked on the street, fully tagged and insured while a car, same side of the street, 10 houses down, with countless cobwebs to the ground got none. Turns out there was some old lady walking her dog, didn't like that I hadn't edged my lawn so she kept calling in.

I suspect part of my issues are the ******* neighbor on one side, hates me, I have both verbal and physical assault complaints against him with the PD. Funny part, he thinks I'm a racist, despite his racist comments towards me, none the other way around. Better yet, I was helping his neighbor on the other side numerous times before he moved out, with stuff on his fox body (LOUD as well), his brother's gf's 245/Lexus/Lincoln's, and there's a difference in race there that means jack squat to me. Same thing when the guy across the street needed some help dropping a tree in his front yard, spent the afternoon helping him out.

It doesn't matter if you're nice to 90% of your neighbors, there's always that 1 ******* that makes things a PITA. I've made a promise to myself. If we leave that neighborhood while the ******* is still alive (unlikely), or his son is living there (possible), there WILL be a sendoff. Posi-stripes and a finger out the sunroof when we go. lol

Back