• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wolf in sheep's clothing - Redblock

stonie

So, my other Project.

Dont have so much time to explain all ive done on it, if someone is interessted on something, you can ask.

my 95' 945 Turbo is my other fun car im working on it, is a daily driver, a highway hunter and for all other stuff you can use this amazing car, like f*ck in it.

The reason why i open this Thread right now is ; after 3 months of waiting on all my parts, finally the last part im waiting for came TODAY. :rockon:

It was the Tilton clutch, waiting time on order was 2 week, at the end it was 3 months...

So, no time for Bla bla, only Specs now:

Redblock

2750cc Stroker kit:
-SPM Billet steel crankshaft 94.5 mm

-SPM H-beam connecting rod

-SPM Piston

Kg2t Camshaft:
-Intake 10.5mm (0.413")
-Exhaust 11.9mm (0.469")
-114* Nock angle
-300* Duration

Headwork:
-46mm Intake Valve
-40mm Exhaust Valve
-Valveguides
-Valve Lifters 37mm
-Double Valve Springs
-Port and Polish Both Sides

-Adj. Cam Wheel
-Kinugawa 20T Turbo
-Lighter Crankwheel
-550cc Injectors right now
-3" Amm ...025 from 960
-Bosch blue Coil with Magnecor Cables & NGK BPR8ES
-3" Ferrita Downpipe with 200 Cell, rest JT-Tuning until behind
-optimized OEM Intake and Exhaust Manifold (Intake i wait on Nathans answer)
-Stonis Chips
-All from DO88 i can get for my car
-Pilot Ball Bearing

-Tilton Cerametallic 2 Disc Ultra High Torque Clutch

-5 Speed M90
-Innovate Mtx-L Wideband
-Apexi AVC-R
-Oil & Boost Gauge
-Pu Engine & http://www.retroturbo.com/?product=m90-pu-gearbox-mount
-Lowered 4cm , Kayba Shocks
-All Bushes from suspension PU . Superflex or Retroturbo
-Volvo Gemini with Bridgestone Potenza RE002

Special Thanks To : Roy940 My Obi-Wan, Lars and his Team from ACM , my Girlfiend with her patience !
For all i forgot; Please don't Cry

Pics:

are you sure you want to do this on LH2.4 chips? I like him, and he did al lot of cool stuff.. but LH is LH... and i think this might be overkill for his chips and the 3"amm

anyway.. great work ! :)

are you sure you want to do this on LH2.4 chips? I like him, and he did al lot of cool stuff.. but LH is LH... and i think this might be overkill for his chips and the 3"amm

anyway.. great work ! :)

What would you go for?

Im searching for alternatives, im scared about standalone ECU and wiring anyway ;)

so, after my first 300km yesterday bellow 3000rpm and with no boost (0.2 bar) i can say: engine runns well, lot of torque, sounds crazy, car is vibrating as hell :-P
i changed to chips from "thelostartof" because he didnt liked stonis chips with this setup. thanks to roy!

one problem now:

because of a small pulley, flat flywheel and a super small clutch, ive about no rotating mass. the problem is the RPM falls so fast to 0, iac has no chance to regulate iddle it makes like 3000 to 0 rpm in *bam* ->engine dead.

what can i do?

i was thinking about removing iac and a something like this :

FOT_PRO_PER_1300G__SALL__AING__V1.jpg

should be more or less same system like in K-jet cars !?

Thats not a problem of the mass but of the LH not beeing able to trigger the IAC to in the right timing.. We havent found that switch in the LH yet, which is one of the main reasons im going for vems in my 16v now..

Excellent build! Nice workshop too!

You can try if the guys from www.bijlsmatechnicalinnovations.nl can make a chip for you. They also do wasted spark conversions etc. Though a unique setup like your block really needs hands on tuning/tweaking, things like stalling can be easier to fix from far away. Maybe bit more idle rpm could be an improvement too although probably not the case here.
Btw, base idle adjusted correctly? 500 rpm with hose to iac closed off.

And for ems, i've heard very good things about Maxxecu. Www.maxxtuning.se

Last edited:
thanks!

actually maxxecu is what im going for for sure, they are the best but also the expensiest. i need to get money for it. until then i need something well running to make 2000-3000km, also because i dont want to go on a dyno with a brand new engine.
about iddle. i made 900rpm at TB to avoid my problem. is well working now, the only problem is that in cold engine ive 900 iddle and warm 1500. iac is actually pluged of and replaced by a manual valve like 2 posts up.

so, i had a meeting for maxxecu and dynotuning. when i get nathans intake the car will directly go on dyno but i dont know when i get it.

what do you guys think, should i go on flexfuel or only on 100octane fuel?

flexfuel is about 600$ more hardware+dyno

I would tune for the highest octane you can get at the gas pump local. You will not be spending money on 100 octane every time. Unless you are willing to spend on 100 octane.

100 octane is max. what we get in our country at our gas station. price is about 10% higher than 98 octane.

im actually driving 98 and ive pinging at 1 bar, my goal is about 1.7 bar boost.

thats why i want flexfuel or 100 octane

Back