• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Philly-Carlisle Caravan Thread 2013-Year of Swedes!!

FlyingTog

B6304 douche
Here it is! Meeting at the South Philly Ikea at 9:00am Friday, May 17th. Leaving the Ikea at 10:00am for the Perkins truck stop off I-81 in Harrisburg. We'll meet up with some other caravans at the Perkins and we'll roll in with ALL THE VOLVOS after a truck stop lunch and inevitably, repairs. (Jen.)

Most of us will have CB radios and EZpass, so everyone please plan accordingly. I'll have a few two way radios for those of you not able to procure CBs.

South Philly Ikea address: 2206 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19148
Perkins address: 7833 Linglestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112

So who's in?

1. FlyingTog/Pete/'97 965R
2. XxJenoxX/Jen/Whatever is running
3. Amerbritcan/Jay/whatever is running
4. Bassguy/Sean and Becky/pepperwagon 245
5. EUROmotion/Ryan/beige/gold metallic 245
6. Bonerjams240GL(DL?)/Troy and Anna/244
7. Turbomatic2010/Dave/outrageous 745 16vT or Tofuyota
8. 1983volvo245/Matt/'82 Fb Rex.
9. Da_Folvo/Drew/2011 C30 R-Design
10. CoconutLeah/Leah/BigFoot
11. VivaLaVolvo/Josh/'95 855T
12. PhillyTim/Tim & Natalie/745.0
13. Manderino/Chuck/'84 242
14. Not-on-TB/Jared/1960's vauxhall viva.
15. V tech/Andy/'78 242?/TE37 equipped Mustang?/Unreliable Saffron V70R?
16. CollinstheClown/Mike/Darth244 with lasers
17. 240DLSteve/Steve/GoldieBox 244
18. ThunderCougarFalconBird/Matt/'02 GTI
19. Eheron/???/1992 Volvo 240 - T5 Swap

Last edited:
If anyone would like a CB radio for the trip, let me know. My dad has been a truck driver for as long as I can remember and one corner of his garage is piled to the ceiling with them. I think there's a box with animal noises that I need to swipe. :lol:

Here it is! Meeting at the South Philly Ikea at 9:00am, leaving at 10:00am for the whateveritscalled truck stop on 287 in Harrisburg. We roll in with ALL THE VOLVOS after truck stop lunch and inevitably, repairs. (Jen.)

Most of us will have CB radios and EZpass, so everyone please plan accordingly. I'll have a few two way radios for those of you not able to procure CBs.

So who's in?

1. Pete/FlyingTog/'97 965R
2. Jen/XxJenoxX/Whatever is running
Me.
Bitches.
What time should I roll off the ferry?

If anyone would like a CB radio for the trip, let me know. My dad has been a truck driver for as long as I can remember and one corner of his garage is piled to the ceiling with them. I think there's a box with animal noises that I need to swipe. :lol:
Do you really have to ask? How much for one with wood grain?

Oh my god. This is going to be the best convoy ever.

I think we left South Philly Ikea around 11am last time, right? Or at least that was the plan, but it was more like 12 or 1? :lol:

Edit: I missed the (Jen)! :rofl: Better hope I'm not driving the Porsche. I'm not so sure that you can fix that as effectively with zipties and wood screws. :lol:

But really, you know you just want a repeat of the toothless redneck in the truck stop telling strangers "That garl knows hayow ta use a raytchyet!"

Last edited:
Me.
Bitches.
What time should I roll off the ferry?

I literally jumped up and down repeatedly on the spot when Jen read that out. This is fantastic.

If all things go to plan, Jen will be in the 924s and I'll be in a volvo. preferrably RWD, but again, whatever is running. I mean, I'll have 5 volvos to choose from :lol:

We'll be bringing the canadian connection. Bassguy=Sean (+1=Becky?) in his gunmetal pepperwagon 245, EUROmotion=Ryan in his beige/gold metallic 245, Bonerjams240GL(DL?)=Troy+1=Anna in his 244, Turbomatic2010=Dave in his outrageous 745 16vT or his fujiwara tofu shop delivery yota, and 1983volvo245=Matt in his '82 Fb Rex. Possibility of Jared=(not a member) in a 1960's vauxhall viva.

Anyone else have PhillyTim on FB? I'll shoot him a message reminding him.

EDIT: I put their names in

I literally jumped up and down repeatedly on the spot when Jen read that out. This is fantastic.
I wiggled in my comfy chair when I read that.

It's 3-4 hrs around Bawmer, but around 6 across the ferry. VERY similar miles, and I get to chase seagulls and frighten the crew.
Easy choice.

Right now the earliest ferry arrival is cutting it close to leave Pete's by 9am. I will watch the schedule as it opens up closer to the date, and maybe head over Thur. evening.
Otherwise I will meet you at Ikea.

Jared's in.
his car is sloooow. We'll have to make him pin it loool. also rofl@ blowup doll. Canadian connection seriously bloated convoy size! coooool!

Back