• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Can We Get an Ultimate Parts Thread?

I see lot of aftermarket parts branded Vantage.

"Vintage Parts..............

Care to try again?

Vintage website logo -vs- Vantage logo from Nordicar.

A-is-not-I.png

Last edited:
Yesterday a friend and I installed Swedish Car Parts front struts and deutchpartsusa upper strut mounts along with the 15A strut plates. Everything is working very well. The shocks are nice and firm without a harsh ride. Very similar to the old Boge Turbo Gas struts I've used long ago. The upper strut mounts are working well and I noticed the easier effort for turning with the new mounts. I've put about 50 miles on everything and I'd recommend the parts.

Oh well. Things change. The Intermotor brand distributor cap I posted about is no longer reboxed BERU Germany. It's made in China. The quality seems good on the Chinese made one but I'm sad to see the BERU one go away. :-(

I just bought a set of winter blades from Advance. They were $$ at 20 each blade but they have worked great so far. Trico winter blades with the teflon edge. Used them for a couple weeks so far and very smooth operation.

I just bought a set of winter blades from Advance. They were $$ at 20 each blade but they have worked great so far. Trico winter blades with the teflon edge. Used them for a couple weeks so far and very smooth operation.

Trico has good stuff on the upper end of their range. I usually try to get blades from Rock Auto if I'm placing an order, I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 ea even for premium blades.

With that said, I can't stand beam blades on the 7/9 cars because they don't make contact with the glass for like the last inch at rest. Not to mention they don't really look right on an older vehicle.

I like anco 97 series for a good conforming traditional blade. They aren't the longest lasting but they're cheap.

Since this is an Ultimate parts thread. I figured it was a good idea to tell you folks about the great price on crossdrilled and slotted rotor and pad kits on Rock Auto. Just look up your year and model and look under the brake kits.

Update:Got the PPS oil filters on close out in today. They are China made copies of the Mann oil filter. The quality seems to be ok. They have that same heavy solid feel the original ones did. This is the cheapest oil filter I think I've ever bought from a parts supplier. So there you go.

Back