• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just Can't Stay Away 1972 142S

Very nice!
I love tower paint. Be sure and spray it nice and thick, but don't run it!

if you do get runs, grab a tube of glazing putty, when your paint is ready to be wet sanded, skim over the run with glazing putty to surround the run, then wet sand on that until the putty is gone, that way you really only sand on the high of the run and wont burn through surrounding paint.

https://youtu.be/fheERlqNzQA

Very nice!
I love tower paint. Be sure and spray it nice and thick, but don't run it!

if you do get runs, grab a tube of glazing putty, when your paint is ready to be wet sanded, skim over the run with glazing putty to surround the run, then wet sand on that until the putty is gone, that way you really only sand on the high of the run and wont burn through surrounding paint.

https://youtu.be/fheERlqNzQA

Thanks for the tips! I can't wait to see it all in the correct color and without rust.

Waiting on the paint to arrive for the hood. In the mean time a few parts that I ordered from VP showed up:

This is the little plastic trim that goes above the dash. You can tell that mine was really shot.

I also ordered new door switches so that the overhead lights would work as designed...

Not so fast, the new parts wont fit in the doors and take two wires instead of the single that came on the car. Gotta decide what to do now.

Seems like old switch too ground directly to the body.
Enlarge the hole and run a ground

Thats what I will do... right after I paint the hood! As soon as I finished that post UPS delivered the cans of paint. Can't wait to get the hood refinished

Both the contacts on that switch go to ground with the door open. The single terminal switch is NLA, so you have to use the later switch that has 2 terminals. One is for the dome light, the other is for the seat belt interlock system which your car doesn't have.

Both the contacts on that switch go to ground with the door open. The single terminal switch is NLA, so you have to use the later switch that has 2 terminals. One is for the dome light, the other is for the seat belt interlock system which your car doesn't have.

Thank you, I will make it work then.

I know its a little late but I probably have a good set of OG ones if you like. Let me know if you'd like me to look.
Marc

Finally had some free time to paint the new hood.

I still need to sand and polish but I want to give the new paint to really dry before I start working on it. Its a really good match for the factory paint:

that match looks good from here mang!

you gonna throw some more lights on the front?!

Thanks Keith! Next time you see it you'll be able to tell but it's a huge improvement over the sound of rust in the hood bracing and being able to see into the engine compartment from outside the car.

I don't think I will do much on the outside other than fixing rust. and maybe painting the taillight panel black.

This car is one of my favorites around, The interior is tasteful and serves a purpose, the wheels, the wheels are just fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Back