• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Deposit Thread for MountainMeet 2016

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
DEADLINE FOR RESERVATIONS: Sept. 28, 2015

Beds are sold out!!

Well, the group's consensus is that MountainMeet needs to happen again next year. We've settled on Sept. 30-October 2. That's primetime for fall colors up here.

Rather than camping (which was fun, but puts us at the mercy of the weather), we are reserving Balsam Lake Lodge for our group.

Since y'all were on the spot with money, I'm happy to say that we've collected the whole $400 in a less than a week!

I posted some pics of the place in the last thread, but here they are again for good measure:

Info: http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...oundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73929

540x360.jpg

540x360.jpg

540x360.jpg

540x360.jpg

The 16 people in the list below are paid up and guaranteed a bed.

NOW!

Beyond the 16 people that ponied up $25 for a bed, I'm asking that the remaining people who are coming contribute $10 each. This will be used for food and beverages (Kenny is bringing the Egg, my wife manages a resturant, so we should be good on food). I plan to provide dinner on Friday, breakfast and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday for you fools.

There is parking for as many cars as we could possibly muster.

This place is waaay out in the sticks, so we won't bother or be bothered by anyone. Click the link below for the exact location:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//35.2679561,-82.9703237/@35.2670339,-82.9729554,1779m/data=!3m1!1e3

It's a ways away from everything (1.5 hours to the Dragon, 30 min to restaurants, etc.), but I think that'll work well. I expect that we'll do an all-day driving tour whatever thing for those that want to go out to the Dragon/Skyway, and I'll put together some suggested itinerary/touristy stuff for those that would rather go that route.

Below is the list of people who have paid for their reservation:

-Jared/Propav8r + Bayleigh
-Kyle/stick70
-Kenny/Linuxman51
-Eamonn/Hockey930
-MikeP/pmikE
-FlyingTog/Peter + Flyingtogette/Peter's S.O.
-Towery
-Sam/RoadRacer
-Alden
-940Guy/Derrick + Itsmackeever/Mackeever (One bed, because they're tiny)
-Andrew
-Wren
-John/JohnMC
-Mick/grnmachine02

Last edited:
Sounds great, Jared. What would you think of the possibility of booking it for Thursday night as well since that isn't a three-day weekend? There's lots to do nearby and that's a great time of year to be in the mountains.

It's probably NOT going to happen, but I would like to make it back East soon. It's good to see some lush wooded terrain. We don't have that here in SoCal!

Looks liek fun and mosquitos!

It's probably NOT going to happen, but I would like to make it back East soon. It's good to see some lush wooded terrain. We don't have that here in SoCal!

Looks liek fun and mosquitos!

What's this "mosquito" you speak of? Is that those bugs that bite you for like two weeks in July? We don't have those here this time of year.

You should go ahead and send your deposit to be optimistic. You've got a whole year to plan and prepare.

Yeah man, thankful for my full time job. I would love to make it out there. Looks so lush. I love the East Coast. I have cousins in NC somewhere and I would love to make it there within 12 months! Something to work towards!

I don't need a bed! I will try to make it and meet y'all out East!

Sounds great, Jared. What would you think of the possibility of booking it for Thursday night as well since that isn't a three-day weekend? There's lots to do nearby and that's a great time of year to be in the mountains.

I think Thursday night will be a stretch for a lot of people...don't think it's fair to ask people to pay for a night that the majority will probably not be able to attend.

That said, you're welcome to drop in at my house for Thursday night, or a few of us can go camping somewhere.

What was the $10 for that we gave you last Sunday at breakfast? Was that for the 2016 reservation or something else?

That was for this year's campsites at $100 for the weekend. We had 10 cars, so I just asked for $10/car to cover that. We're square there.

The $25 is to reserve a bed for next year ($25 includes both nights). The slots at this lodge fill up as soon as reservations open, so I need to be logged in and waiting to reserve the place for the 2016 weekend.

Pm me before the 28th. I will send 50 in the next few days. Let me know by the 28th if you need more and I can probably help out. I think if we get it reserved we will have a year to get enough people. That also gives me a whole year to get this God damed 2j running

Back