• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 year and gear

90volvo

Gong to make the T5 plunge. Plan to use the Deeworks adapter, cause its available and I dont have to machine the bell housing. Im probably going to buy a rebuilt one, I need to know best year and first gear combo. The shop says they can set it up anyways I want it. Basically, Im running a 240 and aiming for 400hp turbo redblock. I have searched but dont seem like I can find a diffent answer, just alot of ford V6 recommendations cause of cost. Thanks for the info.

The 2.95 first gear boxes have a higher torque rating. But you'll need to match your transmission ratios to your rear end.
I've been building myself a box that is a 2.95 first gear set. I've also added a .80 road race 5th gear. All paired with a 4.1 rear axle.

The T5 seems to be able to handle the higher torque of the 4 vs 8 since it is a gradual build up rather than so much torque at demand/off idle.

The 2.95 first gear boxes have a higher torque rating. But you'll need to match your transmission ratios to your rear end.
I've been building myself a box that is a 2.95 first gear set. I've also added a .80 road race 5th gear. All paired with a 4.1 rear axle.

The T5 seems to be able to handle the higher torque of the 4 vs 8 since it is a gradual build up rather than so much torque at demand/off idle.

Thanks for the info. Yeh, Im running a 3.73 so might go little low on first. Im not one big on burnouts etc. But know the sudden shock of launching is usually gets first gear. A little turbo lag probably goes along ways as far as trans life.

Sounds pretty similar to what a lot of folks end up with in a 140 or amazon with an M41.

Pretty sure mine is from a v6 car so it likely has the 3.35 1st and .68 5th. I really enjoy that combo with a 4.10 rear end. With the td04 it’s nothing but usable power around town and still cruises nicely at 70-75.

https://www.moderndriveline.com/the-many-different-faces-of-the-t5/ seems like a p good resource if you haven't already seen it

Well I scored, picked up a V6 mustang T5. The guy was gonna use it behind his 5.0 but decided to abandon the project. So it already has the input shaft in it that I need. Now have to find all remainder of parts, flywheel (which sts is sold out), clutch, pp, and hydralic clutch set up. Im searching and learning. Thanks for help guys.

Back