• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Torque Converter Companies?

Texas240

Prius Owner
300+ Club
The truck converter that came with my 5.3 is way to tight for my setup. Im getting tired of driving through my brakes at speeds slower then 0-15mph. Who is using who? I have a LSA supercharger and a C4 rear end going in soon. Looking for something streetable and in a decent price range.

Summit has some cheap but decent ones for a 60e for between $200-$400. I bought one that was pretty heavily abused behind a 5.7 ls1, then proceeded to heavily abuse it some more in my s10 and its still working good. I only took it out because I had PTC build me a converter specifically for my setup, and that ran $450 but its a little looser and works a lot better for my turbo redblock setup.

The summit converter I've got is going behind a 4.8 pretty quick so I'll have some better feedback on how it works behind a small block.

Summit has some cheap but decent ones for a 60e for between $200-$400. I bought one that was pretty heavily abused behind a 5.7 ls1, then proceeded to heavily abuse it some more in my s10 and its still working good. I only took it out because I had PTC build me a converter specifically for my setup, and that ran $450 but its a little looser and works a lot better for my turbo redblock setup.

The summit converter I've got is going behind a 4.8 pretty quick so I'll have some better feedback on how it works behind a small block.

I just started looking at summit. They just happen to open a new summit near dallas so getting one quickly shouldn't be a problem. I just need to decide on the stall speed. Thinking some where between 2000-2400 rpm. Maybe a little higher

PTC is a great company to deal with, I have both a PTC and a circle d in my 2 turbo ls cars, haven't driven with the PTC yet but it is a very nice piece. You may want to look at a different trans before you dump a bunch of money into what you have though

PTC is a great company to deal with, I have both a PTC and a circle d in my 2 turbo ls cars, haven't driven with the PTC yet but it is a very nice piece. You may want to look at a different trans before you dump a bunch of money into what you have though

Im not really worried about my trans.

The best part of the PTC stuff is that once they build you something, if it's not quite what you're after, send it back for the price of shipping and they'll re-work it for you.

The truck converter that came with my 5.3 is way to tight for my setup. Im getting tired of driving through my brakes at speeds slower then 0-15mph. Who is using who? I have a LSA supercharger and a C4 rear end going in soon. Looking for something streetable and in a decent price range.

Sounds like a low stall which runs cooler and gives better mpg but are known to cause braking issues down on the low...then you must consider any blower/supercharger is giving instant torque which compounds the brake issue....hydro-boost brakes offer better breaking....or just shift into neutral will not load brakes then back into gear to move @ those low speeds.

Sounds like a low stall which runs cooler and gives better mpg but are known to cause braking issues down on the low...then you must consider any blower/supercharger is giving instant torque which compounds the brake issue....hydro-boost brakes offer better breaking....or just shift into neutral will not load brakes then back into gear to move @ those low speeds.

Ugh...

Back