• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EuroFest Greenville, SC

TestPoint

The Greenville, SC Eurofest has opened applications for showing your wonderful shiny, modified and/or restored version of a great Swedish product.

http://www.euroautofestival.com/

Registration to show a car is $75, pre sale day passes $10, day of the show $15.

This event is pretty upscale from cars-n-coffee and local shows. While not Amilia Island or Pebble Beach it is only a small step down and attracts lots of high end cars including a number of million dollar super cars and a number of serious efforts at making Volvo's perfect.

It is held on the golf course at the Embassy Suites Resort in Greenville and has a number of associated things to do including sessions with BMW and Michelin both US headquartered in Greenville. This is a beautiful venue and a day long event.

This is my fourth year to attend. Winning first place in the Volvo Class my first year with the V8 Volvo sorta got me hooked. Michael Yount is a multiyear first place winner, last year with his LS3 conversion of an '82 242.

The Saab folks stuffed the ballot box 2 years ago by an aggressive effort to get owners to show up and we should not let that happen again. Volvo's and Saab's are in a Swedish Class together.

Many of the TurboBrick forum regulars from the southeast will be there either showing their cars or just visiting with other Volvo nuts.

I will commit to being there with the Brand New Bertone if that means anything after having to cancel two years in a row due to unfinished restoration issues.

Please indicate you interest in attending in this thread and forward to other TBers that you communicate with. Perhaps we can get a real showing of Volvo's there.

Last edited:
I hate my job sometimes. Have to work or I'd be there no doubt. Anything within reasonable commuting distance, I'm there.

I will endeavor to get my 940 resurrected and at the event! I certainly hope that 4 months is enough..... I've read Michael's thoughts about this event of the last couple years, and it sounds like a wonderful showing of some sweet Euro iron. My sights are ON it.

Take your wife but let be a pleasant weekend vacation surprise so it is not a deadline to be commented upon.

I'll add to Tom's great description above. The organizers are pretty picky about the way the field is set up -- as they should be, they don't want to tear up a golf course. Consequently, this couldn't be any more different than showing up for a typical Cars&Coffee event. They have folks on the course that guide you to your spot based on your registration. You absolutely can't leave the event early -- so you're there until 4 pm in any event. Lastly, taking the field in the morning -- it's a piece of cake if you've stayed overnight at the host hotel. Just drive your car in once they open things up usually around 7AM (if you're an early bird). However, if you're making it a day trip or live in the area -- they stage the cars at an offsite location and then sort of control the influx of vehicles onto the field and into their spaces. And, of course, the funds go to support a cause - so your entry fees (at least) are tax deductible. Just sos you knows.

Save your money. It SUCKED last year. Attendance was down over 50% compared the year before.

This year is the feature for Volkswagon so attendance might go up.

Last edited:
In addition to a significant car show I enjoyed meeting a number of TBers that show up and hang around the Volvo section. We 'talk' all the time but seldom meet.

Wear a name tag with your forum name on it.

volvo20name20badge-001.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to try and make it up there. I've got a buddy who lives in Anderson, so I may stay there to make the ride a little quicker the day of. I'd love to enter my car in to have a better Volvo showing, but I ought not waste my $75. Haha.

Attendance was down over 50% compared the year before.

I don't think VW being the featured marque will significantly impact attendance one way or the other. I believe the organizers anticipated attendance drops as these are the first couple of years of 1) the new venue at the golf course instead of BMW plant grounds and 2) charging for attendance as opposed to asking attendees to make a donation.

They outgrew BMW, and they clearly are taking the show in the direction of a Coucours type event with more limited attendance by a more well-heeled registrant/attendee crowd. Wouldn't surprise me if they're ultimately headed in the direction of an Amelia Island type event. At the end of the day however, the organizers are trying to increase their charitable donations and bring economic impact to the upstate (especially with BMW, Michelin and ICAR close by) -- and the increase in registration fees along with charging for admission is allowing them to meet that goal despite attendance being down. They're taking it upscale kids - some folks will find it pretentious. If you like seeing some pretty nice and diverse Euro stuff, I haven't found a suitable substitute in this area. I'd hazard a guess that the average TB'er is not their target participant. Which is another way of saying - many will think it sucks. Happens to be my favorite event of the year. Predictable I suppose.

I'd really like to check this out. It's a long day's drive for me, but that part of the country during that time of year has some great camping if I can take a long weekend.

Back