• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Camshaft position sensor

Sine Qua Non

American Psycho
Where the hell is it on a 2000 Volvo v70XC? Got a pic or diagram of engine as to where it is? I have looked all over the web and did not find the correct one (image that is). Got the #5 coil pack replaced and just need to replace the sensor. Hopefully the car will run again after that.

Bellhousing end of the cylinder head, same as before really. Just no distributor this time around. Just looks different later years than the 850 one...

Peel the upper motor mount off it and it should be super visible? (that is just my memory, might not even need to do that much).

Unless it's a 3.2 or something (more) miserable...

Last edited:
Bellhousing end of the cylinder head, same as before really. Just no distributor this time around. Just looks different later years than the 850 one...

Peel the upper motor mount off it and it should be super visible? (that is just my memory, might not even need to do that much).

Unless it's a 3.2 or something (more) miserable...

It's a 2.4 liter 5 cylinder

^not really....grab with the savage knipex channel locks or the pointed air chisel point to get the bolt head to spin or snap off?

Warm up the head with the heat gun and ice cube the bolts with penitrating oil to spin them out? IDK?

I HATE those torx **** things, even on no rust cars all those small head fasteners and torx all feel like they are right about to break off/crap out on those cars. I once had a really perfect fitting snap on old torx driver in one and the effing bolt head just split apart in several pieces...
got it out heating the aluminum and spinning the stub with the knipex channel locks and some oil....

Back