• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

naturally-aspirated redblock launches and accelerations

I would love to see that footage if you find it! That looked like a lot of fun. Did they run the downhill too?

Just the uphill. It?s crazy steep and there is zero runoff, and running it DH would be very very sketchy.
They hold DH skateboarding events on it, and hit speeds of 55-60mph just from gravity.

I would love to see that footage if you find it! That looked like a lot of fun. Did they run the downhill too?

That would be referred to as a Death Run vs. Hill Climb.

This year's Maryhill Hill Climb is coming up soon. 9/17/22. WMC hosting. An no, I don't run Hill Climbs. Not until I have a sacrificial car with all the safety equipment in it including a full cage.

I went those speeds downhill on my road bike in VT and NH when myself and some friends went there on a biking vacation. Very exciting zooming down hill like that. It really proved the worth of good equipment. Those Campy super record brakes were easily up to the task.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7vLb4ul8tnc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds really healthy. Are you planning on porting the head or doing some intake work?

I plan on it but i have other projects I've been slacking on I need to finish first. I shattered the inner input shaft bearing on a t5 and need to fully pull it back apart to replace it before it goes in :-( Then I have a wavetrac needing to be put into the spare axle.

Are you running LH3.1 with an ostrich? That is my setup currently and I am just about maxing out the maf translation map. there doesn't seem to be much lh3.1 maf headroom. :grrr:

I am running LH3.1 but I have not touched the system at all. I was planning on getting a megasquirt system set up before building an engine.

I have a video of my NA 740 accelerating but it takes too much time to upload because its too long (thats what she said)

Oldie but a goodie:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4uwnaWn49fw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's 2005, I still have hair, and my B200'RS' (because they called the original R-Sport engines a B19RS) is still in the 360 shell.

It's not the best clip (on a number of levels), but note the closing speed, the point at which you hear the throttles opening, and that that closing speed vanishes in....half a car length? And that it notably sits down when I lift off.

That engine is now in a 3dr shell, with a shorter diff, and less exhaust.
It it's not fast, but it'll keep tabs on a stock (or even mildly boosted) 7/900 B230FT.

B200 (9.2:1), K cam, Solex ADDHE 40s...factory kit.

cheers

James

Back