• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for shop to swap R&P in NJ

bkaushansky

I?m looking for a shop to swap my R&P. Anyone know of one in NJ?

Alternatively, is there a write up or video of the process? I haven?t been able to find anything for 240 and having never done it before, didn?t want to mess it up on a daily driver.

Thanks.

Well it’s a Dana (Mopar) rear end. I’m sure a jeep shop would be familiar with it, given that jeeps should be regeared when larger tires are installed.

^sort of. The Vol-void ‘1031’ was initially built under license outta better swedish metal & later just a sorta swedish interpretation/appropriation combo of the D35 & late D30 junk drawer & only takes/uses the ‘3.73+‘ carrier & makes up the difference w/thicker ring gear instead of carrier flange offset…

I’ve setup a couple, takes a little doing & proper tools & not as easy as drop-out 3rd Toyota 8”…
…by no means proficient w/hypoid gears for max life span & some of the parts for the volvoid are getting hard to find/Culberro had a work around for the crush sleeve/initial roll over & torquing procedure for the pinion nut.
Setup bearings would sure make the whole job a lot less of a PITA as well as a good/proper measuring table…

Pity as I kinda want refreshed 3.54 late 1031s in my stick shift Volvos & 4.10s in my auto-tragic AW Volvos which no 240s really came with :-(
Won’t pass emissions quite as clean, but more responsive & better economy (unless towing in 3rd/climbing at high speeds with the AW autotragic Volvo)

But you’re not wrong/newest most high production volume common application for a D30-anything is the front of the Heep. Mostly those guys swear at it rather than by it…
…while rock-crawling w/35s usually? :lol:

Last edited:
I'm in the Mid Hudson Valley NY. I have done many R&P gear changes. What gears and what rear are you going to change to.

I've used Camper Bob 4x4 shop in Mt Holly area of NJ. They installed my true track and setup the ring and pinion with new bearings. It's lasted 90k miles so far and while it wasn't cheap. They did a very good job.

Back