• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CAM advance

ronclark

I have a question about CAM advancing.
I am running round tooth oil squirter block in my 92 740.
Upgrades i have done.
IPD turbo cam.
Chipped.
DO88 intercooler.
TD04H-15G.
MBC 10psi max boost.

So my question is i found a sweet spot with 5? CAM advance, is there any harm going that far?
I got a far bit of torque at the bottom end, turbo spools really fast. There is no turbo lag i can feel, infact i hear a lot more tubro spool whine when I get on it. I am at fill 10psi boost by 2500rpm when I step on it.

Should I be worried about extra heat or anything like that?

If you are running premium and haven't heard any bad noises. You will be fine. I run 2 advanced on my turbo and 6 advanced on my n/a car.

Thanks, I run premium fuel with no strange noises runs pretty smooth once the ECU trained itself.
The car is so much fun to drive with that low to mid-range power and I still have enough top end to pass people.
If I were racing I would pull back on the cam timing because at 0 I would hit about 3500 RPM and it would just launch. since this is my DD I like having the low to mid-range power.
I have a feeling if the exhaust was upgraded from stock that would help out the top end.

Back