• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

huge problem with enkei wheel install

hokman

I have a set of enkei or52. The seller also gave me some hex screws that I've no Idea what are for. And when I install onto my hub with oem nuts, the wheel wrench cannot go inside the tiny holes in the wheel to tighten the nuts! Has anyone met this problem? What should I do? I remember the long wheel nuts for the 240 turbo, but I don't have them anymore.

You'll need tuner lugnuts. Gorilla brand is recommended.

i have normal lugnuts with my mazdaspeed MS01's, i take them on/off with a sparkplug socket

i don't think even spark plug socket can fit. How much does the screw have to reach into the nut to be secure? Does it have to be over 100%? I can fit 80 % with my original stud on 13mm spacer.

Many parts houses will carry aluminum lug sockets. Some have a plastic sleeve to protect the wheel. Try one of those, pull off the sleeve if you need the room.

Otherwise it's specialty lugs for you. They are good security for your wheels so they are worth the money.

wait.... 13mm spacer? I'm pretty sure that's far enough to move the wheel off the hub. I would be ok with the 4 full turns but not ok with who sold you 13mm spacers unless they are hub centric. That's a lot of leverage on the lugs. Generally I don't like spacers. The biggest I have used is 3/8" you do the math.

It's your car and you live in BC so I don't have to share the road with you;-)

pics are on my facebook, friends. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...&id=518181924&ref=fbx_album&fbid=425720141924

I bought the tuner kit like u guys said, and works like are charm. But the nut only goes 3-4 full turns on to the original stud, is that enough for safety? If not, can someone find me the guide to replace with extended studs please?

Only 3-4 turns? :omg: I like enough stud with tuner nuts that the end of the stud is against the hex key when the nuts are tight.

Well what I would do is get some lugnuts from discount tire and ask for spline lug nuts and a spline key. If u get 4 turns out of it should be ok. As long as u touque the spacer and the wheels.

I'd like 10 turns on the 1/2"-20 stud. after putting a 1/4" spacer between the hub and adapter, I had 6.5 rotations and I was nervous about that. wheel didn't fall off, though. I was able to torque to 80lb-ft.

less than 6 is not enough. can you torque to 80lb-ft?

I'd like 10 turns on the 1/2"-20 stud. after putting a 1/4" spacer between the hub and adapter, I had 6.5 rotations and I was nervous about that. wheel didn't fall off, though. I was able to torque to 80lb-ft.

less than 6 is not enough. can you torque to 80lb-ft?

I don't have a torque wrench, but why couldn't it torque to any number? you mean it will slip?

wait.... 13mm spacer? I'm pretty sure that's far enough to move the wheel off the hub. I would be ok with the 4 full turns but not ok with who sold you 13mm spacers unless they are hub centric. That's a lot of leverage on the lugs. Generally I don't like spacers. The biggest I have used is 3/8" you do the math.

It's your car and you live in BC so I don't have to share the road with you;-)

any wheel is off the hub when u have the spacer, u mean no thread sticking out the wheel? i didn't really understand your 2nd sentence, could u rephrase please?

I don't like spacers that much too but 1/2" just managed to clear the wheel of the strut, which is perfect. wheels aren't sticking out the body (fender).

who knows, I might goto the USA for vacation.

Back