• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's 760 TIC

Why not find a B230FT from a 940 hook it up to a 240 wiringloom from a late 240 and get in to run on LH2.4.... You can use your head and ditch the block...... Might be easier and cheaper. Change the sensors LH2.4 uses and I'm pretty sure you'll be happy. Just my 2cents.
Or buy a new car or even donorcar.

I did though about swapping the B230 from my old 740 from 89 had about 200.000 on it but it FAILED on the wiring.. so that is a healty B230. Could i just swap those and be done with it?

Like i said im new to revision of the whole engine, so that whole LH2.4 Stuff is really hocusspokus to me? might have to read up on it.. then again a whole conversion might be harder then just replacing the seals? .. i am so confused!

I think it will depend on which seals you will have to replace and what your future goals are. Find out which seals are bad and how much money and time you need to get it to your liking.
I do now PP from volvolvo has swapped a non motronic redblock in a motronic car, maybe ask him.

I think it will depend on which seals you will have to replace and what your future goals are. Find out which seals are bad and how much money and time you need to get it to your liking.
I do now PP from volvolvo has swapped a non motronic redblock in a motronic car, maybe ask him.

Since the petrol has been throug the whole engine it seems smart to replace all seals really, i already had one leaking so they where up for replacement anyway i think.. just did not think so soon.

Anyways i dont have major plans for the B230ET, i do have that chip around to make the upgrade on the motronic to get the 215HP and 330NM so would be nice to keep the motronic part, or just sell the chip is an option.

Dont feel like getting 10000HP from the engine so keeping it "stock"" with a chip and a bigger intercooler since i have that already here. getting it running for a change would be good enough for me right now, upgrades can come later

I have to think about it all for now but if i do the swap ill go talk to PP

PP didn't swap anything.
He destroyed his 745 Turbo and then sold it.

Get a set of turbo pistons & rods (I have a few sets available), bring your B230F to machineshop, let them hone the cylinders, and install the pistons (with new rings) & rods in to the block.
Then swap the block, et voila.
You should be up & running again.

I also have a spare B230 bottom end, and a few heads if you need something.

Wow Mr. Borrie, you still have that old radio? May I have that please?
I love your wood trim, my '84 does not have them.

Wow Mr. Borrie, you still have that old radio? May I have that please?
I love your wood trim, my '84 does not have them.

I sold the woodtrim a long time ago, the radio i still have, since its the original and most expensive one to get back in the days. Think i like to keep that radio around

If you plan on cranking the boost and keeping that engine together, I suggest you get a wideband oxygen sensor on that thing. Ryan's car on chipped Motronic was running pretty lean at ~15psi, although ping wasn't audible. Good call on the intercooler - Motronic is very sensitive to input from the intake air temperature sensor when it comes to applying ignition advance, so lowering IAT will free up quite a bit of power.

It sure is pretty :) I think it needs lowering, too :)

cheers

James

Cool :)

If you find that the engine is running lean (say leaner than 13:1 when on-boost), you may need to start experimenting with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. The 'correct' solution is to get a better mapped chip (or something programmable like MS)...but that may not be possible. By increasing the fuel pressure, you can run the engine richer when it's on boost. Most good quality RRFPRs are adjustable, so you can 'tune' it to give you a nice solid 12:1 AFR when you're on-boost.

cheers

James

Car is up and running again, heres a pic of the car on the track of zandvoort
p1010726px8.jpg

Yay i got my first speeding ticket for white-rice in the mail today.. along with something a bit more awesome:

img1181zu6.jpg

Im hoping that a friend of mine will take along a calibrated boostgauge and a sender for the oiltemp with him from the US.. you guys get aswesome deals

okay so i made a list of stuff i need to do/fix, might as well put it up here:
Its fun you'll never get bored with a old car.. then again when i all do this it be much faster/cleaner looking then stock ever was

Rust(only plates no real damage done luckily:

-Behind the headlights
-Engine bay near the airco dryer
-Danger-to-the-manifold *In progress*
-Sunroof, the closing stays wet, so ill have to replace that too *Fixed*, just surface rust, sanded and coverd in white paint that eats the rust and turns it into lead"
-trunk, done but needs a few welds to cover up the holes that remained
-some small spots not yet rusted near the wheels
-Sidemarker driver side *done* just surface rust, needs new paint

Enginebay

-Install K&N Open Air Filter *fixed*
-Get and install E-fan.., the OEM one is broken and always on :S
-Install dumpvalve, its been lying here for too long already *done*
-Install the EBay inter cooler*done*
-Get a catch tank and install it
-A new Battery
-Install a wide band *In progress* JAW is partially soldered just need to get the wideband sender
-Install the chip/ get a new chip the one that was sold to me was useless apparently (they are made for each car on the dyno, getting one from another could work or blow ya engine to little pieces)

Interior

- Get a new dash or pain the old one (its cracked and some wood that did not came off nicly is still there, yugh)
- Glue the sealing, its still intact but saggy *In progress, new sealing is here but needs to be cleaned and installed*
- properly mount the steering wheel horn bit *fixed*
- install the Gaugepod with calibrated boost, oil pressure and temp gauge *In progress, waiting for the senders, wires and gauges are installed*
- fix the RPM meter
- Get the backlight of the gauges working again *fixed*
- Mount the fire extinguisher

Trunk:

-Secure the sub
-Secure the amp
-install the red neons in the amp
-fix that damn voice coming through the sub (its on momoblock and still the voices come through)

Under the car ect

-Fix leak in the exhaust / get a 3" one
-Foglights that will fit the SE kit *orederd, Or not...?*
-Install the Hausser Lowering springs
-RED Led undercar
-Repaint and attach the SE skirts

Last edited:
Back at the Euro meet we worked on White-Rice.. We started to clean up the "Danger to the manifold" rust spots installed the K&N filter and fixed the heater valve

Heater valve was broken and Non turbo version... nice
p7223144er6.jpg

DANGER TO THE MANIFOLD!!!
p7223143io3.jpg

Well last night i had my first hill race, went pretty good.. but on the way i lost boost, checking today learned me that the wategate came lose of the housing, also the turbo housing keep coming loose so i can move it up and down. Luckily this is not my DD so i can go back to working on the garage for now.. i forced the wategate back with some chopper wire but it still looses boost so it might me broking or its the housing coming loose again.. like always your feedback is always welcome!

Put back on with a bit of force

How its hanging loose

iWTF is this sensor?, first time i saw that: EDIT coolant drain /EDIT

Last edited:
for sure.
its a pretty neat coolant drain too, because you just loosen it up and you can hook up a small vacuum hose to it to have a nice and tidy removal of coolant into a bucket or something, instead of just having coolant spill all over your hands and all over everything

i thought it was funny that my 1990 volvo has this nice drain, whereas the new BMWs that i service daily @ work just have the standard drain plug, which causes me to get coolant all over me every time i do a coolant flush

So its time for a small update, i fixed a few issue's on the car like we started working on the rust and got some of it down, welding will still needed to be done but the surface rust is almost under control.
Also i good a new sealing for the car, its beige and dirty so need to clean that up first before installing it in the car.

Also some other small things have been done like installing the dumpvalve and wiring the gauges and installing the gaugepod. will add pics later on

Pic of the gaugepod installed. im not too happy with the way it "fits" so i think i wanna get a IPD one for a decent price when i find one ( 50 USD shipped like)
img0423gw5.jpg

outside:
img0430ho7.jpg

Some parts my dad bought me need some work as you can see but awesome non the less:
img0437fb7.jpg

img0436rk5.jpg

img0434uq4.jpg

Back