• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

Nevermind, saw that you said the gaskets and not the box edges. Use 3M glue: P/N 08008 it's the weatherstrip and gasket adhesive. $10-$13 in most auto parts store.

Did that clock bulb condom work out?
I still need to get one. Im sure it will work fine - Toyota used those

Did you get my box ? I sent Vodka to PA that same day and it got there yesterday
where's my VODKA?

Been keeping away from this car - still drive it all the time just haven't been able to work on it much. Getting loads of parts ready for installation

decided to get my parts powdercoated in "primer" Ends up being cheaper/easier/faster - (dash was maybe $20)

I ordered a dash pad replacement back in march but then decided to just redo the whole dash, steering column --- so much for keeping it simple

coated in grey. I just finished sanding it in 400. I decided to place the clock like the original 57 model - right of the radio and no grab handle

what adhesive is recommended to glue the dash pad in place?
before
2USx8CKh.jpg

fWyGX0Hh.jpg

steering column - before
Z0UaS4Gh.jpg

after
wdczjKxh.jpg

got the front crossmember welded up - speed holes because of just how fast this thing goes. It came to me like this. (actually it was the only straight one I had at the time and after talking to my engineer friend who has been building race cars/bikes since the 60s he said it will still be strong enough - but he wants me to build a whole new xmember along with CAs) stock is 32lbs, this welded up was a tad under 30
we'll see
s4hmS2dh.jpg

MzAHr8bh.jpg

PC in primer - needs some body work still
PVuAynvh.jpg

todays grocery run
TLSfQpah.jpg

Syr5CVlh.jpg

Last edited:
I would make a racing drift ball out of this car. It would look nice. By the way, I am a professional drift car pilot and I compete in D1 championships. Now my main car, which I created myself, is under repair, you can see it on my avatar. But I also have a spare cars Toyota. By the way, check out the bmw sedan prices, a rather expensive drift solution.

Last edited:
Lovely capture!
Lookin' good Jack!
Thank you

I would make a racing drift ball out of this car. It would look nice. By the way, I am a professional drift car pilot and I compete in D1 championships. Now my main car, which I created myself, is under repair, you can see it on my avatar. But I also have a spare cars Toyota. By the way, check out the bmw sedan prices, a rather expensive drift solution.
thanks
buy and do whatever you want to it

I got my dash painted up. I had to do it twice because I used the wrong chemical in between sanding and painting the second coat... so things wrinkled up and came right off
U4ZhTjkh.jpg

So my things were taking forever at the powdercating place. I asked if I can help for trade... well now I have enough credit to powdercoat anything and everything I want for years to come.

everything in black is PC, I have also been zinc plating all the hardware
JlqV4Ech.jpg

test fit the dash
ET50lHzh.jpg

old vs restored (PC and plated)
CtkWlcAh.jpg

so after spending HOURS getting my dash painted up the old fashioned way, I blasted it and got it powdercoated
zlqh4x1h.jpg

qg216nGh.jpg

wiper motor assembly seemed fine but I decided to take it apart, clean it, zinc the hardware and replace the grease. I cleaned the inside of the motor too

before
YGBvDSmh.jpg

crusty
ISyESJch.jpg

lubed
KPlhvwVh.jpg

cleaned
rQYGnI5h.jpg

new gaskets and plated hardware
q7JeFTkh.jpg

RhyKKoHh.jpg

installed - it works way smoother now
ZI4QUJYh.jpg

since I was redoing a buch of stuff anyway.... The original windshield I installed got two huge rock chips shortly after I replaced the gasket. My final straw was all the pitting in the glass, with oncoming headlights I could not see anything in the rain. The entire windshield would just glare

so I decided to POR the frame, for some reason I my primer didnt bond well and there was some rust starting .... while I was in there. I switched over to rostolum satin paint. mainly because each can was way cheaper than what I was getting before. Im paying like $3 a can

stripped
VAWDvOMh.jpg

rj8skOIh.jpg

POR
hVq51bvh.jpg

painted
9TIXjlMh.jpg

XFSFbjuh.jpg

windshield installed
JaHqb9Ih.jpg

trim installed - one side took me 10 min - the other about 45.... any little bend in the trim and it just makes it super hard to install
bKJrt9Wh.jpg

finally got around to redoing driver side foam and covers. Them rubbers are so hard to strech. VP did a wonderful job making the foam and covers fit perfectly

OB2gF6Eh.jpg

iHXtX1Yh.jpg

LKc5NBrh.jpg

today I finally got around to putting everything back in. Pad is just screwed on for now. Ill be gluing it down in the next day or so. I need to do some trimming. All the hardware I touched was replated (by me)

qnJL4IAh.jpg

ujKPjbnh.jpg

Get a ceramic coated 4-2-1 header from VP. Pricey but oh so nice......

I will if I ever blow though my second one.

Today I blasted that header clean and dropped it off for ceramic coating. Im also blasting ALL my spare hardware (I save every piece of it from my parts cars) prior to taking it to get zinc plated. I have about 4-5? Home Chepo buckets of this stuff. Then it will get organized into hardware boxes that I also just ordered

this is a project on it's own but it's way overdue

mdEWWPzh.jpg

Last edited:
decided to clean up the casting marks on the stock and short weber intake prior to getting it coated

on weber I welded up the ONE side for PCV - will be running it to exhaust
w3Z1pGLh.jpg

I particularly disliked the sharp edges between the two sides on the stock intake
tHgTzL5h.jpg

the short weber intake has an AWFUL casting. There were many buggers inside. Outside will take some time to clean up. No need to make it any bigger since it will slow the flow of the 45s (AKA ~38s)

first I cleaned up the sides so I can fit a wrench, now Im going after the THICC casting marks
LkAbjhFh.jpg

ErxejM0h.jpg

you can get a feel how much extra material has to be removed - compare left to right (not done yet)
TanO7dEh.jpg

On the first test drive I'll follow you so when the carbs brake off I can pick them up.

Looking good though

On the first test drive I'll follow you so when the carbs brake off I can pick them up.

Looking good though

I'm not waiting for you

Nice work.
dean

Thank you Dean

minor update - I have been busy with other projects

did my intake, crossmember and inside of ashtray to match the valve cover

ukM9saDh.jpg

parts room
j2z25Dsh.jpg

LwMQpU1h.jpg

found out that I have the correct radio chrome surround
2pjGSxKh.jpg

LOTS of sanding
XXhMKhBh.jpg

vN746Och.jpg

Looks nice. Parts made and welded into the ports?
Did you clean the lower part of the port in front of this? I did the same by welding, not the easiest job. Yours look more easy. Good luck, regards, Kay

a little preview - (it's going to be a while before head swap gets done)
6oyhjJgh.jpg

Looks nice. Parts made and welded into the ports?
Did you clean the lower part of the port in front of this? I did the same by welding, not the easiest job. Yours look more easy. Good luck, regards, Kay

thank you.

opened up the port and made these, even if weld brakes off it will just wedge itself into the port
exhaust was a little more extensive

need more fiddling but you get the idea
7Ztw5Crh.jpg

1p66Fu4h.jpg

All of your rooms are parts rooms

NO!

Back