• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Week long 240 LS Swap

Little update on the car. Swamped the rear end for an 8.8 with an LSD, ipd sway bars, full poly bushings for the entire car. Re drilled the front hubs to 114.3 to match the rear, and found some old American Racing 5 spoke 15s with 0 offset, no spacers. Threw some bilstein touring and cut springs for now, will probably do coils eventually. For the brakes I just replaced the rotors,calipers, lines and some EBC yellowstuff pads, the braking seems pretty good but I may upgrade if needed. Upgraded the fuel system with an Aeromotive 340 pump, Brian Tooley Racing dual valve springs, trunion upgrade, and a BTR stage 1 turbo cam (hint on the future of the car). I have an AW5 5 speed out of a chevy colorado, a fabbot adapter kit, and a spec stage 3 clutch ready to go in. I also ended up just building a cheap gauge cluster, the factory one had a bunch of issues and this was easier. I added a Subaru hood scoop so the hood would close, I hate the way it looks but it was the cheapest option for now.

A few people have brought up the cross member, I think the picture is misleading. The cross member has angled sides, so it may look super thin but that's where it comes to a point, its a triangular shape with 1/4" plate welded in. I jack the car up from the center of that cross member every time and there is zero deflection. The worst case is it starts getting stress fractures so I reinforce it. Half these cars are rusted out on 30 year old shocks and brakes (no judgment, its part of why I love them) that cross member is the least of your worries. But I understand that everyone has to critique and bitch about something, so I'm here for you to vent if ****ting on it makes you feel better.

script>

script>

script>

script>

If anyone wants a super easy way to re-drill the front hubs just grab a 108 to 114.3 adapter. Knock out the 114.3 wheel studs, then bold the adapters to the hubs and use the empty 114.3 stud holes to drill through. Perfect holes, really easy.

script>

script>

Instrument panel.

Hey nice idea!!!! I used digital gauges on mine and the same type of leds for all sort of warning things, the only one different was the battery light , although it was led, I changed the bulb to incandescent bulb to trigguer the alt on and I dyed the bulb with red nail polish. Great job. Also I had a Cressida before switching the 7mgte to the volvo wagon and I used a sSubaru scoop too just for looks. Take care
DZ.:rofl::oogle::cool:

Made some updates, swapped to the AR5 5 speed. Switched to microsquirt ECU, dropped a turbo on and the dyno graph says the rest... 745/663 wheel at 6000ft altitude, 11PSI. The turbo is a VS racing 72mm billet. Still have a lot of cleanup work to do with wiring and the cold side, but she drives great.

script>

script>

script>

Last edited:
Nice work. I am planning to do something similar.

Want to lease out that drill guide? I will only need it twice ;).

What did you do for brake rotors?

Total newb here so sorry if the questions are stupid. I love your build by the way and hope to do something similar (i.e. totally copy more than likely)

1: how was the clearance with the drive shaft?
2. Did you have to do any hammering of the firewall?
3. Do you think that a Solstice transmission would have given you enough clearance to use a more upright Hurst shifter and does the setup you do have clear the front of the dash or did you need to cut it back slightly?
4. Is this swap doable by the average Newb or should they farm out certain parts to a pro? I would research each individual part and obviously take way more time in doing so?
5. I don't weld yet but hope to take a few classes? Mig or Tig required? No Aluminum Welding required - correct?
6. Would using a Holley Terminator X have reduced much of your cost or would it just be a total add on proposition for cost?
7. How did you get your base tune for the Megasquirt?

Thanks in advance and post Covid I hope to get to Colorado sometime. They have a killer foosball scene...
Would love to buy you a beer and see the car.

Hah, I missed the update where you turboed it. :lol:

Part of my excuses for my swap taking so long:
- manual trans makes it more difficult vs. an auto
- turbo makes it more complicated

And lol, you did all that in no time too.

Out of curiosity - what manifolds and general hotside stuff did you use? Pics?

Back