• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

92 244 1JZ and IRS track car

its nice to see the car on the ground finally with the suspensions installed
ExvOd32.jpg

imgur mode engage

updates from this weekend so far!
transmission mount fabricated, this also allows clearance for the exhaust to be tucked up as high as possible:
uQKObs3.jpg

Kobkjmh.jpg

did some tin work on the rear, this was a challenge for me I havent worked with a lot of sheetmetal before. Its not pretty but its solidly built:
DdZTsg0.jpg

2iCMiYd.jpg

Shifter installed and trans tunnel clearanced:
u2wpNzE.jpg

ijz swap

Hey , that tranny looks like thr r154 with extended shift assembly , Right?
Im doing the 7mgte and the hole was right dead on!!!!
although i made my own short shifter spacer and tacoma/mustang shifter combo .
Great job. Still working on mine .

Hey , that tranny looks like thr r154 with extended shift assembly , Right?
Im doing the 7mgte and the hole was right dead on!!!!
although i made my own short shifter spacer and tacoma/mustang shifter combo .
Great job. Still working on mine .

correct, this engine and trans is from a toyota JZX100 chaser. I think if it wasn't extended it would fit better but I will make it work. ironically this was the case on my other car as well

building the roll cage

jyNvHrF.jpg

6sECpTV.jpg

front end: these are E30 head lights, not sure I love how it looks as of right now. need to make some sort of grill to make it all work, I may change it up later
WlqUBpZ.jpg

e 30 heads

I kinda like it.It looks like the grandson of the continental car in the devilish movie " the car" in the 70!!! Nice roll cage and the rear end looks awesome!!!:nod:

update 5/29/20
I havent been updating this, but a lot has happened

Ive drivin this car at about 5 drift events and it has been great. been fixing some small issues but everything has held together so far and Ive been able to really push the car which is the whole point. see pics below:

tried my hand at painting, didnt turn out perfect but I now have respect for quality paint jobs...
KU3WL99.jpg

5tOwZIu.jpg

rear shot
jxBPp8l.jpg

engine bay and etc.. I got a tig welder and have been learning. Getting there
cNMQpoI.jpg

2cBSWJf.jpg

had to make the steering shaft more solid, I was getting a lot of play which made drifting this car pretty difficult
ajpc2Df.jpg

Interior
y0fmKe9.jpg

Back