• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

upgrade T

fastcomet

here what Ive got.
90-240
AW-71 all mods and fresh stock conv.
3.73 gears
2.3 8v low miles
90+ manifold
stock intake
V cam adv. 4
NRP i.c.
3 inch ex.
chipped EZK-ECU
19T angled flange
E85
20lbs boost
AFR gauge
Boost gauge
650cc inj.

upgrades in next few weeks.
Megasquirt 2
K jet intake
port cylinder head with bigger valves
RSI stage 2 cam
TURBO??????????
Car driven on street. Use 2-3 times a week. Like keep lowend power as converter is stock and does not stall much at all. Any advice? Thanks for any help. I know trans is the week link, planning of a trans upgrade next yrs. Probably a GM auto box.

Leave it how it is and put a T/M cam in it. It's a 2-3 day per week toy and you want low end. Your 19t is "small" but big enough to be fun. Just move your usable power lower.

That AW71 isn't a weak link really because I doubt you're making >350whp

Leave it how it is and put a T/M cam in it. It's a 2-3 day per week toy and you want low end. Your 19t is "small" but big enough to be fun. Just move your usable power lower.

That AW71 isn't a weak link really because I doubt you're making >350whp

today kinda had same thought that maybe just work on fine tuning it. Which I can do with the MS. But a T/M cam. I would think a T or M cam would be smaller than a V cam? But Ill do my homework. Thanks

Come on, don't swap in an M cam.

You don't have to choose between low-power factory cams and stage II cams, you can get a stage I cam.

Also did you follow that 16g6 link, full boost by 2500rpm is a total hottie street turbo. The 9.8 housing is nice and small and streetable.

Don’t fret not gonna go backwards. Gonna find a stage 1 or 2 cam. Yes been checking out the evo turbo. Wild looking but man love the maps. Might save for next motor with beefy rods. Or install it in near future and see how long stock rods hold up. I’m gonna build my own J pipe. Will keep ya posted.

And talking of the TD05HR 16G turbo - has anyone been tempted by the 20G compressor wheel & housing upgrade by the likes of Kinugawa?
I've not been able to find anything about how it affects spool up/boost etc.
Tim

Back