• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a new Melling oil pump (B230F)

NChoy

18 bricks and counting
300+ Club
I did an online search and came up with nothing. Going to the Melling website is worse than looking through a bureaucratic government black hole. IPD only offers the OE pump and a cheapo China aftermarket one.

I'd like to find a Melling high-volume oil pump to fit my '93 B230F (NA) motor that I just rebuilt. High volume because of the squirters and remote oil filter I plan to install.

Thanks in advance for any sources or help!

^^^^ is correct on all fronts. Hell of a price from Amazon. Also, when I had mine out a month or two back, I confirmed it does have the taller gears in it. Also installed the IPD B20 spring in it, pressures did increase slightly both cold and hot.

This has been discussed a lot of times. The M181 and later, stock pump are the same. We run a squirter block in the race car and oil pressure hot is around 60 lbs between 2500-6000+. We run it flat out for up to 9 hours a day with NO problems, even when one of the transfer tube seals partially blew out and it made a lot less. I would not spend money on the Melling unless you NEED a pump.

They didn't seem to know about it when I talked to them, but I let Chris know the spring works just fine. I did confirm as well, stock physical dimensions only slightly stiffer to an untrained human hand.

Bad news from IPD. 940wagon & gsellstr: may need your help finding these "accessories"

Here's what Brandon had to say:

"Unfortunately we don?t offer these components. I feel like at one point we carried the reinforcing ring, but I can?t find it any longer, so it appears we have removed that for whatever reason. Not sure on the oil pump spring, either?"

Bad news from IPD. 940wagon & gsellstr: may need your help finding these "accessories"

Here's what Brandon had to say:

"Unfortunately we don?t offer these components. I feel like at one point we carried the reinforcing ring, but I can?t find it any longer, so it appears we have removed that for whatever reason. Not sure on the oil pump spring, either?"

:nod:

Not available for ~2 years or so.

Thanks for the referral and info. Will order it this week.

Will talk to IPD about the accessories as well.

I bought that one as well.

Engine is on the stand built to the short block, but everything looked the same and read good stuff about this one.

Faced the same OE, China dilemma and a year ago this was the best choice.

Guess we all find out when we fire it up and see if the little oil can light goes out quickly.

Not sure what Ken and IPD are thinking, bought mine about 3 months ago. lol

Should have read down 2 posts before I spent the 90 seconds to find them on their own site. I really wish they would just update their site to show they fit the other redblocks, not just the pushrod stuff.

Back