• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone have any obscure clips/ plastic hardware they want replicated?

aaronllewellyn

A 3d printer is in my posession, 8" x 12" and 8" high build area. Does anyone have any plastic clips/ mounting hardware they would want replicated? I would really like to replicate the small hood scoops for later 240s but if you guys have any plastic hardware you wish you had more of, send me one and I'll sketch them in CAD and send you some at the cost of shipping...

those little clips that hold the 240 bumper trim on. The always break and there are like 20 of them at least. $7 a piece.could you do them if I send you a new one?

aren't those made of metal?

if they're plastic I would give t a try, worst case scenario I send your clip back to you. It looks like they're partially metal but I believe it's the plastic part that usually cracks and breaks, if I could make functional ones I would gladly send you a bunch for freesies, I only really want to write up and store the models.

I only currently have PLA plastic while I await a heated bed, which would allow me to print with ABS plastic.

PLA is a bit more brittle than ABS but I would gladly give it a go if you want some free clips.

Also the clips that hold the snow vents to the cowl! Or does David Samuels sell those separately!?

I'm definitely thinking about printing whole later 240 snow caps if I can ever get a hold of one or somebody that wants to measure the s#!t out of one for me. (EDIT: or I may just design new ones that are similar)

Last edited:
I'm definitely thinking about printing whole later 240 snow caps if I can ever get a hold of one or somebody that wants to measure the s#!t out of one for me.

What good is that going to do you, you'll never get something like this to work right unless you scan it and make a 3D model! Not interested in the whole thing, only the clips!

I'm also planning on designing a drop in replacement for the dash console tray that has two built in REAL cup-holders, or a tray that uses the pop out cup holders from MK4 VW's specifically Jettas as a retrofit (if there's room for it...)

What good is that going to do you, you'll never get something like this to work right unless you scan it and make a 3D model! Not interested in the whole thing, only the clips!

I thought when I said snow caps the clips were implied, but yes the clips too, assuming they're plastic. I'm sure I wouldn't have to scan it for it to be a functional replacement (Assuming I had a clip to measure/ draw in CAD).

Last edited:
Here's the concept:

14mgnwm.jpg

2eksr49.jpg

It's not in any way a finished design... but let me know what you think, the cop holder area is 68mm and 40mm tall (standard can/ mug sized I may make it larger. the mounting holes go all the way through because I'm trying to design a way to attach it without using factory clips that are generally molded into the bottom of the original trays.

There was someone on here a while back 3D printing stuff. I sent him a clip I wanted. Some others were in on it too. We all payed. The clips turned out inferior and I never got back my original. :grrr: The light color clip is OE hard material nylon? plastic? I don't know. The white one is a 3D printed one, inferior. The "arms" break of just looking at it. Do you think you can make a better product? I would gladly send you the copy as I'm keeping all of my OE ones.

FYI. That clip needs to be tough enough that so when the moulding is fitted on to it the little arms don't break. The trim piece will be lifted from the bottom grabbing the lower arms then curled up to snap it in place.

this what the back side looks like, note the clips go on the body first.

FYI. That clip needs to be tough enough that so when the moulding is fitted on to it the little arms don't break. The trim piece will be lifted from the bottom grabbing the lower arms then curled up to snap it in place.

Are those clips used on all 240 trim? PM me and I'll send you my address, even $1 to ship the printed one it if you want. The original ones are probably nylon.

Last edited:
+1,000.

Most definitely down for a set.

I dont know if any engineers are around but someone should draw it up for me... like this:

2wdsqac.png

I seriously doubt someone would send me one, and they're so difficult to obtain I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of one. If I could get a hold of the measurements I could at least print off a bunch and send a couple of you a handful to try out.

Last edited:
Back