• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

I’m hoping so. I just need to finish up the brakes and get some help tuning it. I’d like to think I’ll have time to swap out the Spec clutch for something better but it seems unlikely.

Derrick came up last week and tuned on it for a few hours. Fixed a couple oil leaks and tried to add some more preload on the pinion bearing. I think it?s about as Mountain Meet-ready as it?s gonna get. Gonna throw it into regular duty this week and next just to see if anything breaks :-P

XCVdBHVl.jpg

mDXKpHWl.jpg

jZNjxt1l.jpg

rgVcXgSl.jpg

i've never clicked into this thread before, because i don't care about 122s. but wow. wow!

Last week I got curious about the state of my fuel tank so I popped the sender out to have a look. I dropped one of the screws into the tank and, while trying to fish it out, discovered there was a lot more crud in there than I had hoped to find. Old metal shavings that I apparently never got out and lots of old welding splatter from having the tank repaired back around 2011.

kAJmU0fl.jpg

So out comes the tank for cleaning/resealing. This was the first time I’ve had the pump assembly back out since installing it a few years ago and I was really disappointed to find that the foam baffle had deteriorated badly. I got up with Aeromotive and they said that’s rare but does happen in cars that sit for over a year or have additives like Seafoam put into the tank. They sent me out a new baffle the next day and suggested I replace my pre-filter too.

xzYMgkGl.jpg

AxsyPyEl.jpg

og7vLUal.jpg

z643xBTl.jpg

nTNqsQDl.jpg

Have to get the tank super dry before adding the sealer.

mlS8SMyl.jpg

All cleaned up. This is a fantastic system for converting an old tank to EFI.

w5oE0Z7l.jpg

I managed to yeet one of my fuel filter fittings off into the sunset so I’m waiting on a new one to show up tomorrow. Gonna try to beat on it a little bit the next few days and see if anything breaks before we take off to Mountain Meet.

It should be there barring any catastrophes on the way. I thought I had a weird driveline vibration but I checked the angles and adjusted it a little and there’s still a little something there. Not a wobble or shimmy or anything. Just a low vibration. I’m starting to think the car just vibrates a lot.

Gonna swap my cheap rear brake pads for some Akebonos, get my spare tire mounted, tidy up the trunk and call it done. Kyle’s gonna stop by here Friday morning and we’ll head that way.

Mountain Meet was awesome again this year. It's always nice to see everyone's cars that keep the inspiration going. Had one issue with the DB37 connector body somehow pinching the main MS power wire and just killing everything. Brock drug me back to the lodge with the JDM Hiace. A bit of fiddling about from several kind folks and it was running again. I'm feeling pretty confident in this thing now. It's got some oil leaks on the front of the engine but aside from that it's pretty solid.

VLx6Ms0l.jpg

BIy2aFIl.jpg

3RLjWZvl.jpg

jfyRPs6l.jpg

03QZNcll.jpg

HTEXXurl.jpg

Xv7FxqSl.jpg

Came home to find my VP order waiting for me. Got the trunk all tidy now and fuel system covered.

VaDtHWLl.jpg

H6vAtl6l.jpg

Back