• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Limit of fuel map on 2.4lh chips questions...

haltechsupra

I have beepee chips and lost art of chips for my 945.. Wondering how much boost either can support with a to4e 57 trim turbo?

Or rather i should say when do the fuel maps run out and stay at fixed pulsewidth? Only have a functioning narrow band, wide band needs cords and adapters(arg innovate, usb to 9 pin to 2.5mm jack madness makes me sick) to work. Later it will.

My 945 is a 1993 turbo, Mods are , 480cc injectors, precision power 3 1/2 thick mk4 supra intercooler, fluidyne rad with flexillite twin electrics, aw71 with accumulator mod, upgraded cooler, 4.10 lsd, STOCK 93 n/a regina block (rods- pistons- valves-headgasket-bolts)and head, slotted a cam, cartech blow off valve, right now running one "lost art of" fuel chip, unchippable ign ecu. And 025 amm. MSD coil. 30psi boost gauge.

Now, i have a lo flo muffler on and boost is at 20. just trying to see what is safe. Im revving to 7100rpm. I have been running 25psi with a straight pipe, but i got concerned, having never fully winding it out. So i did 5 second bursts at all rpm incriments. It feels nasty (thus the concern), The china bay t3/t04e serial # tb01206070 really comes to life above 20 psi. I think the A cam really likes it at 25psi as well. Lag is more of an issue with muffler on, so i have a exhaust leak that i create to have best of both worlds..:rofl: I feel like much more boost would bring the front off the ground in second. :oogle: Has anyone done this on the board with a redblock in a wagon?!!!

All this is good, but it would be good to know where the danger zone is.. 235x45 x19 are now crying. At 25psi the wagon is very easily "driftable". With an automatic...

The beepee chip will not work with this combo :-( . I will get the right combo soon to try it out. Thanks to all that contributed to make these chips.. Amazing difference!
Kris Weldy

318876_3651584299783_2029729081_n.jpg

1097_3651587019851_1478337206_n.jpg

Last edited:
Get a wideband hooked up and your injectors will be more of your limiting factor. 350+whp is about the most I have seen made on lh but who's to say you can not make more with the proper supporting mods.

Limits?

Wideband is hooked up, just need to get correct cable and software and then i will know for sure, until then i just had hoped someone had been there to know the limits. Before I jump clean accross them!

Just cleaned out my email from tb and saw you emailed me a while ago about my potentiometer trick and supra injectors on 2.2 lh back in the day. Fun stuff. Small world.
Thanks for your help!

Kris Weldy

Anyone that doesnt have a wideband should not be subject to boost. They just arent ready for it. Get your wideband back from your Daddy.

Look like a fool with your wideband not around.

My guess is you dont have a modded ign chip either.

Last edited:
Because I have been lagging on sending him a new one......
And I think here on tb I have the quickest car on lh .......so I might be the closest to the limit....

Because I have been lagging on sending him a new one......
And I think here on tb I have the quickest car on lh .......so I might be the closest to the limit....

You should not be running that much boost with that sized injectors. That size could not even spport my miata's 1.8 at 3 psi let alone my volvo with a t04e. Time for injector upgrade and ems as well.

Anyone that doesnt have a wideband should not be subject to boost. They just arent ready for it. Get your wideband back from your Daddy.

Look like a fool with your wideband not around.

My guess is you dont have a modded ign chip either.

My 945 is a 1993 turbo, Mods are , 480cc injectors, precision power 3 1/2 thick mk4 supra intercooler, fluidyne rad with flexillite twin electrics, aw71 with accumulator mod, upgraded cooler, 4.10 lsd, STOCK 93 n/a regina block (rods- pistons- valves-headgasket-bolts)and head, slotted a cam, cartech blow off valve, right now running one "lost art of" fuel chip, unchippable ign ecu. And 025 amm. MSD coil. 30psi boost gauge.

Hey dip chit , why dont you copy what i said to you and change a few words, Obviously your creative muscle has blown a gasket. Maybe your face has overridden your butt with smell pouring out.. Silly communication hole soaked in dookie again..:rofl:

I need to get software from muh Dead Daddy.:grrr:

I remember the haters saying i was running too much boost back in 98 and that a redblock would never run at 26psi, even though i had a standalone .. _shrugs_ silly kids!

TLAO , whats yours dynoing right now? Id love to say im after you, but im willing to bet your car is lighter.
Kris

Last edited:
I dont see how thats not enough injector guys... I have run an 012 amm for a year with stock injectors at 20ish. NO CHIP.. Now i have a chip and 480cc in jectors. My car must be way different. You really should smell all the fuel after a hard boost at 25! Dam near peggs my narrow band at full gallop. I am also running small a/r on turbo, this isnt a holset fellas!! Or a T70, which i ran 550cc injectors on my supra at 22. Sounds like someone needed a chip on the miata. I think the miata ran lean because it didnt have the pulsewidth from stock ecu..
What injectiods you firing Lost Art of?
Whats the tuning difference with ignition chip, timing pulled out at full boost?
Kris

Last edited:
Once I get it running and working I will re-dyno. On paper I should be near 350whp give or take. ( per another thread/post I did 301whp when trapping 105/106mph. I am currently trapping 112/113mph. Most go by the 10whp=1mph in the 1/4 mile. So a gain of ~6mph should be at least 50whp gain.). I am interested in seeing Sam's dyno as his car did nearly the same as me 12@112 but with a very different setup but peak power should be near same.

My engine is also beat to hell and would pick up a few HP from a fresh block/rings.

Running a ton of boost doesn't always mean power. Would be interesting to see what you are making as the stock intake and exhaust manifold will be holding you back big time. Most people see a 20+ whp gain when ditching a ported 90+ exhaust and a custom intake has proven 17+ whp gain. If my memory serves me correctly I was trapping 102mph with the 90+ and holset @20psi. I put on a thin wall custom header and peaked around 105/106mph at the same boost with that being the only change, both setups had the 3.5" downpipe. So that 3+ mph gain should tell you about how much whp that new setup gained. Many people hit a wall around 280whp with a ported 90+. I hate to say it but a j pipe setup with a proper twin scroll turbo might flow better than a 90+. Would be interesting to see a before and after dyno with the two setups.

My car felt fast with the holset on the 90+ but once I put on a custom header it was night and day difference.

Even tho people have made 400whp on those manifold it was with a very well prep'd head and a lot of other work.

Last edited:
Has anyone made 350ish power with stock manifolds? What are my options as far as manifolds-cost? That intercooler on mine made a heck of a difference as well as the radiator, trans cooler, and accumulator mod. Every supporting mod has helped and your chip was thick icing on the cake.
I know people are useing larger throttle bodies, is that the only restriction on the intake side? I'd like to think im above 300 right now.. But my butt could be talking chit. Gotta track it or dyno it. I know out of the hole its gonna suck, so i will probably dyno it. Got owned by a dually last night off the line, with full 5 inch exhaust. Made me Think of Georges Evo At Alamo autosports when we dynoed 835fwhp , he had to have 5 inch exhaust for that nasty spl57 hks .
He caught me by surprise, other wise i wouldve boost launched. Diesels run real hard here in Houston. He chirped all four in second in his dodge 2500!!! And it was an auto!! I was coming by him when he slammed on his brakes..lol. He had alot of work done, 75% of them here do. He had some rear diff cooler on the back too.. I only saw if for two seconds lol.
My girl said its hard to breathe in my car when i hit boost, feels like someone punching you in the lungs.

Anyway hoping for at least 300 wheel.
Kris

Last edited:
Like I said 400whp has been done on stock (ported) manifolds. A larger tb can help but the runner length and Plenum size and shape are what is hurting it. Being a +t with higher cr you should at least be near 270+ whp.

OOps didnt see the 400hp part. Yeah it really feels like alot more than 300, and ive hurt many bmw 335i , they are high 13 second cars..
But anyone can miss a shift or whatever.... Im telling ya at 25 psi with straight exhaust this thing is hands down Fast! Amazing difference between 20 psi and 25. Also another thing that is hurting me is stock exhaust diameter. Stock dp. Where do i find the 3 inch?

And do you really think that my injectors are too small for what im trying to do? What are you running injector wise? Adjustable cam would help a ton on the bottom. The A cam doesnt breathe well until 3800, then it just doesnt stop pulling with a hi flowing turbo.:-D
Kris

I make/sell downpipes/exhausts.....when I have time to make them.... I will be doing another batch soon I hope.

I am running 75lb with my current setup and even that is still overkill now.

These engines make stupid amounts of torque that can make it feel like more HP than it is. The a cam is also semi holding you back as there are much more wild cams out there that really wake up these motors to make good peak HP numbers.

"Stock intake blows. Erik got 14whp just swapping to a b21f manifold."

Thats impressive!

But how much gain all the way across the rpm range is what im looking at . I dont want peak power to be 14hp more but loose 20 before peak power and after, you know what i mean. Id have to review the dyno data. Torque is an issue too. I made more power with a na intake on mk3 supra too! It made 305 hp at 7psi!!! I guess its true to say that a great turbo setup is a really built on a highly efficient normally aspirated setup.
Kris.

Back