• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ebay exhaust manifold

Wow, the flange is backward! Do they intend to mount the turbo facing down? I guess the flange can be cut off and re-welded, but if the rest of it sucks...

There's a handful of us using them without issue, I've got one in my s10 that's had the flange flipped, its not braced, and had 25-30psi from a t3/t4 shoved through it without issue for a while now, along with a shot of nitrous. No cracks, and it never felt like it wanted to stop pulling clear up to 6800. With a t cam.

So if it sucks, it doesn't suck quite as bad as a 90+ and a td04.

Of course, someone could make you something much better, but it's a cheap, readily available header, it is what it is and you usually get what you pay for.

There's a handful of us using them without issue, I've got one in my s10 that's had the flange flipped, its not braced, and had 25-30psi from a t3/t4 shoved through it without issue for a while now, along with a shot of nitrous. No cracks, and it never felt like it wanted to stop pulling clear up to 6800. With a t cam.

So if it sucks, it doesn't suck quite as bad as a 90+ and a td04.

Of course, someone could make you something much better, but it's a cheap, readily available header, it is what it is and you usually get what you pay for.

This is a better articulation of "sucks".

Basically, it's fine. You need to cut and re-weld. If you were going to get into it all anyhow, I'd probably suggest bracing it but again... for $100... who cares? Plus then you can relive that scene from Fast & Furious 1 where his laptop says danger to manifold and then for some unknown reason all of the nuts come unthreaded and his floor comes out?

It was a very realistic film.

This is a better articulation of "sucks".

Basically, it's fine. You need to cut and re-weld. If you were going to get into it all anyhow, I'd probably suggest bracing it but again... for $100... who cares? Plus then you can relive that scene from Fast & Furious 1 where his laptop says danger to manifold and then for some unknown reason all of the nuts come unthreaded and his floor comes out?

It was a very realistic film.

I just assumed he was going so darn fast that the floor flew off and was coincidental with the manifold danger.

I went ahead and bought the ebay manifold. One of my teammates can weld stainless on his TIG, so we will reverse the flange and maybe add a brace. SO, considering we are after dependability before all out boost, do you guys think the TD04 is the way to go? They are certainly plentiful! Also, we are currently running an RSI NA cam, how will that be with the turbo?

Would give a low end grunt like it probably does, and give good mid range. May or may not run out of steam. Only speculation. Would have to test it and see how it works out.

We always ran T3's in our 240 lemon. No water lines, no problem. They're a bit beefier than the TD04. We broke a turbine shaft once, but generally didn't have turbo issues...unless you count the wastegate actuator vibrating loose and we lost boost pressure. Turbo was reliable once rebuilt. Probably around a dozen races with a Turbo on the side of our B230F.

Towery and/or any of you other racecar peeps. It would be super nice for you to write up a how to and what realistic things/costs looked like. I know it's kinda dumb, and the info is KIND of out there... but it's still never as easy as it seems.

Towery and/or any of you other racecar peeps. It would be super nice for you to write up a how to and what realistic things/costs looked like. I know it's kinda dumb, and the info is KIND of out there... but it's still never as easy as it seems.
Make an educated guess, then multiply by 10.

Don't forget with the ebay turbo header flipped and welded then the one runner is real close to the water pump inlet. Better figure that out also.

Forgot about this, I have an intricate setup of zip ties holding my water pump inlet hose about 1/4 of an inch away (air is the best insulator). Also had to use zip ties to hold the top power steering hose away from the header as well. Might give the hoses a 1 or 2 layer wrap in that mirrored duct tape to try and reflect some of the heat away. I’ve heard it’s better to have a thin space of air than to say wrap the header and have it touch.

Back