• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

trigger wheel and crank sensor mounting

Ok guys,I moved from Megasquirt 1 distributor based to Speeduino 0.4.3. engine runs great and smooth...except when it revs!Advance drifts whatever I tried:both 124&139 modules,other coil,coil with module from vw golf,other firmware...same result
So,I thing it's time to get rid of distributor and mount a 36-1 disk on the crank pulley....
1) Can I use the trigger wheel kit from http://www.retroturbo.com/?product=volvo-b21-b23-b200-b230-trigger-wheel-kit ?
Because where it mounts,I have the steering pump...
2) Also,how can I mount the trigger wheel on the pulley?I have a buddy he can lazer cut me a wheel but needs dimensions...how can I find dumensions from an existing 36-1 trigger wheel?

Ok guys,I moved from Megasquirt 1 distributor based to Speeduino 0.4.3. engine runs great and smooth...except when it revs!Advance drifts whatever I tried:both 124&139 modules,other coil,coil with module from vw golf,other firmware...same result

Are you running a fixed LH2.2 distributor, or some sort of locked down mechanical advance distributor? When you say the advance drifts, how much over what RPM range? What's your Tooth #1 Angle (or whatever Speeduino calls it)? If it's less than ~50deg, or you're using a VR sensor, you might try changing the capture edge and re-calibrating the Tooth #1 angle.

Are you running a fixed LH2.2 distributor, or some sort of locked down mechanical advance distributor? When you say the advance drifts, how much over what RPM range? What's your Tooth #1 Angle (or whatever Speeduino calls it)? If it's less than ~50deg, or you're using a VR sensor, you might try changing the capture edge and re-calibrating the Tooth #1 angle.

Fixed lh2.2 distributor. Tried everything but with no result...

I found a 36-1 disk and have ordered a sensor that works perfect with speeduino, but still don't know if I can mount the disk behind crank pulley because of clearance (both engine block and steering pump) and if disk mounted behind,can it be in a way that will not "push" forward the pulleys and the belts?

Have you checked that there is an appropriate pullup resistor installed somewhere, and that it's the correct value? (Use a multimeter to measure resistance when powered off and disti connector is unplugged.) I'd guess that anything between 1K and 10K, going to +5Vref or +12, would be OK.

Have you checked that there is an appropriate pullup resistor installed somewhere, and that it's the correct value? (Use a multimeter to measure resistance when powered off and disti connector is unplugged.) I'd guess that anything between 1K and 10K, going to +5Vref or +12, would be OK.

Idles perfect,as long as I keep revs steady also...I can drive it thought around corner except when I press hard the gas pedal...but that's ok because gives me the motive to ditch the distributor.

Question to those who had mount 36-1 disk on the crank pulley: It is easier to mount it front ir back?

Fixed lh2.2 distributor. Tried everything but with no result...

I found a 36-1 disk and have ordered a sensor that works perfect with speeduino, but still don't know if I can mount the disk behind crank pulley because of clearance (both engine block and steering pump) and if disk mounted behind,can it be in a way that will not "push" forward the pulleys and the belts?
It?s all custom so I can?t suggest/recommend options, but my ?chopper wheel? is mounted behind the crank pulley(s) so it?s possible. B23E+T running aftermarket injection.

It?s all custom so I can?t suggest/recommend options, but my ?chopper wheel? is mounted behind the crank pulley(s) so it?s possible. B23E+T running aftermarket injection.

Nice!Any chance that you have pics of it?And by mounting the wheel behind the pulleys,didn't "pushed" them forward causing problem with belts alignment?

Nice!Any chance that you have pics of it?And by mounting the wheel behind the pulleys,didn't "pushed" them forward causing problem with belts alignment?
I?ll see if I can find any, or take some tomorrow ? it?s been 10-ish years now so the memory is hazy, I think there?s already some spacing on the first pulley?

Ah, carp, I totally forgot ? intended to take some photos while oil-changing today & only just now remembered!

Shall try to remember tomorrow ?

Ok whenever you have time mate

Today I manage to unmount both pulley and the crank thing and send them to a machinery to check the best way to adapt a chopper wheel

Last edited:
Back