• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

patrickstars 1983 242 4.8L/AR5 swap

Bought a house recently and moved the 242 over. No garage unfortunately, but had to make concessions to buy in the neighborhood I wanted. Working on a solution for that, whether it be building a garage or just getting a carport or something.

REd8ksIl.jpg

gqmSIPjl.jpg

Got all of the front suspension stuff put together. Leaving for 2 weeks tomorrow so no time to bolt it in, but will get started on that when I get back

199fZ8El.jpg

Still been having issues getting it to run well. I had a buddy (who is far smarter than me) look at some of the datalogs and he thought the injectors may be too small. Ordered a set of Deka 80s and a fuel pressure sensor. It is definitely running better now, still needs a real tune. Fuel pressure says 20psi so I need to check whether I didn't scale the sensor right or if I really do have low fuel pressure.

It also sounds like I found a set of Mk18s locally, so it'll finally be back on 'real' wheels.

Bought a house recently and moved the 242 over. No garage unfortunately, but had to make concessions to buy in the neighborhood I wanted. Working on a solution for that, whether it be building a garage or just getting a carport or something.

I made this for painting, but it can easily be made larger. Used 1.5" PVC. No cement, just friction fit.

20160806-200112.jpg

I made this for painting, but it can easily be made larger. Used 1.5" PVC. No cement, just friction fit.

With the amount of rain and wind we get here year around that would probably not work very well. Something that can be taken down at a moments notice would be cool but at that would get annoying, especially if you started leaving tools out.

Figured out some of the running/drivability issues I was having. Added a fuel pressure sensor and deka 80 injectors, runs much smoother now. Still need a tune...

Otherwise, got some small stuff done. Getting everything out for the coilover install. Grabbed new inner and outer tie rods, balljoints, sway bar end links, and SS brake lines.

Picking up a set of wheels on Sunday (knock on wood)

DCfFsLVl.jpg

1WtqOIql.jpg

More progress today. Bolted the coils in just to see how they'll look. Waiting on ball joints and I think I'm gonna swap from the solid rotor setup to vented. I figure with the extra power I could use new brakes

2oQtEyXl.jpg

Picked up a set of wheels and got the rears mounted. I'll need to cut a few coils until I get coilovers for the rear.

rUmJFfHl.jpg

Back