• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ooops what did I do...

marchul

quarter ricer
I finally got my 242 running (woohoo!) after a long time... I found this beautiful 244 tic at the jy and I ganked a ton of parts from it. Anyways, I put on a new fuel dizzy, tps, got rid of my bov, iac, iac computer, and other crap... It started right up and I was sooo happy, so I went for a test drive, let it warm up, then tried doing a few burnouts... Bad idea... I tried one and I accidentally let it go a little higher than I wanted in the rpms, and once it got there it sounded like some horrible spark blowout... Then there was smoke... And lots of it, for about a mile it was smoking pretty bad, then it kinda died down, so I tried to just drive it a little hard.... Nope, wouldnt happen, it would blowout like crazy... So then I parked it in the garage and it was smoking pretty bad out of the tailpipe...

Now, I didnt even think about adjusting the fuel since it came off of what looked like an extremely fresh 244tic (the gas smelled new and everything was unmolested), so I wasnt worried.. But Im pretty sure its running waayyy too lean... Could I possibly have melted a piston or something? What would cause so much smoke? I only romped on it twice for like 2 seconds each, so... Oh and its running 10 psi... Oh yeah, I got the fuel dizzy off of an 84, it looked a little different, but I dont think that matters does it?

Sounds almost like maybe you blew a seal in the turbo. Don't know a ton about these specific cars, but that's what it sounds like to me.

actually Im not gonna check, because that would require me to swap batteries... Anyways, Im pretty sure it was oil smoke...

Sounds almost like maybe you blew a seal in the turbo. Don't know a ton about these specific cars, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Ehh, I wouldnt think so... I dont think that I would blow a seal like that.... plus, there was the blowout/bogging.

Well, oil smoke... Blew an oil seal on the intake side, oil dumps into intake, never knew an engine that DIDN'T bog down when it had oil sprayed into the intake.

But I don't know too much about these cars either so I very well could be wrong.

Well, oil smoke... Blew an oil seal on the intake side, oil dumps into intake, never knew an engine that DIDN'T bog down when it had oil sprayed into the intake.

But I don't know too much about these cars either so I very well could be wrong.

Well I mean, it happened after it bogged. Thats why I dont think its a seal...

Back