• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

hypercoils installation, cant find spring perches!

volvorod85

So ive got a set of hypercoil 5" springs for the rear of my 245, from what i gather the easiest installation is to use a set of upper spring retainers for the lower part of the spring. Ive got 2 problems, all the 240's in the bone yars are siting on those welded together rims, on the trailingarms, so the suspension isnt unloaded, hence i cant remove them. and FCP groton is out of stock, and the dealer want over 50$ a peice for the things, options!? im stuck and need suggestions

Mark

or these if you don't have the time and/or resources to weld and fabricate

78485452.0k3rKz9o.240coilovers.jpg

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/susp28.htm
Steel Spring Retainer
5" Diameter

Part No. SB50 - $14.00

We have spring seats in stock (scroll down toward the bottom of the page) that should bolt up (they have a ~7/16" hole in them in the center to bolt them down, I can't recall how large the bolts on the 240 are but worst case scenario you have to drill it out a little bit to bolt it down). We also sell the adjustable perches like Speedway has, not sure where they are on the website but call up tomorrow and you can get them.

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/susp28.htm
Steel Spring Retainer
5" Diameter

Part No. SB50 - $14.00

We have spring seats in stock (scroll down toward the bottom of the page) that should bolt up (they have a ~7/16" hole in them in the center to bolt them down, I can't recall how large the bolts on the 240 are but worst case scenario you have to drill it out a little bit to bolt it down). We also sell the adjustable perches like Speedway has, not sure where they are on the website but call up tomorrow and you can get them.

Thanks man, just ordered 2!

Mark

Back