• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 removing the rear seat from a 940 sedan

hunterkent

i need to take the rear tray out of my 940 and to do that i need to remove the rear seat and seat back...what is the best way to do that ?

Bottom "pops out". You have to push both down and back slightly on the front of the bottom cusion. Then pull up while still pushing back. The bottom will unhook. Then one the left and right lower ends you will see tabs that need vent over to release the seat back. And a bolt in the middle IIrc.

There are three bolts holding the center headrest in place. Remove those after you get the bottom out (push down/in then lift up, where the carpet meets the seat bottom. There is a hook on each side about 6-9" from the door).
Release the bent tabs (1 on each side near the door) then push the seatback up into the headrest and pull towards you. Then you can unbolt the other two headrests.

Be mindful of the seatbelts when putting the seat back in. Had to remove the seat a couple of times because I missed one.

Sure you can, but the center headrest assembly has to come off... It retains the bar that connects the 2 halves of the seatback.

Sure you can, but the center headrest assembly has to come off... It retains the bar that connects the 2 halves of the seatback.

I knew there was something trapping the rear seat frame. I was thinking it was the armrest. Now it's clear. You have to pop open a hinged plastic cover over those bolts it I remember correctly.

got it all. was super easy
push the bottom clips loose
undo the little straps on the back seat corners
open the cover and take the 3 bolts out of the middle head rest
had to take it apart to do my rear speakers...added some dyna-mat to everything and threw it back together.

Back